United Nations/Italy Long-term Fellowship Programme on GNSS and Related Applications
Deadline: September 27, 2017
You can now apply for a United Nations/Italy Master in Navigation and Related Applications for the 2017-2018 session. The 2nd Level Specializing Master on Navigation and Related Applications is a joint initiative of Politecnico di Torino and Istituto Superiore Mario Boella (ISMB) with the collaboration of the Istituto Nazionale di Ricerca Metrologica (INRIM) and the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs. The II Level Specializing Master is a post graduate academic program (taken after a Master of Science program) that provides high-quality training. It provides students with professional knowledge and skills needed in the navigation sector.
The Master in Navigation and Related Applications (MNA) Programme begins in January 2018 and lasts for 12 months including a period ranging from 3 to 4 months for hands-on pilot project (internship). Lectures will be held in English at Politecnico di Torino premises.
- The selected participants will each receive a grant from Politecnico di Torino of about EUR 6,000 for the duration of their fellowship study to cover housing, food, local transportation, etc.
- The offering institution will also cover tuition fee in full for these participants.
- International round trip air travel between the participant’s international airport of departure and Turin, Italy (most direct and economic route) may be provided by UNOOSA.
Applicants should be:
- Nationals of developing countries or countries with economy in transition;
- Duly nominated by their governments;
- Less than forty (40) years old;
- Candidates for the MNA programme are required to have completed Master Degree or equivalent (5 years University degree) in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Communication Engineering, Information Technology or related subjects. Other degrees in different technological fields can also be considered by the Master’s Programme Commission, and should be able to make professional use of the experience gained in the Programme.
- Download and complete the nomination form.
- In addition to the above application form, candidates are expected to fill the online form.
Please Note: All candidatures correctly received by the deadline will be taken into consideration for the available scholarships only if candidates select the Compagnia di San Paolo scholarship box on the “Scholarship” section of the online Application form. Please be aware that if you don’t select the above-mentioned scholarship box on the application form online you will not be taken into consideration for the scholarship.
For more information, visit UNOOSA.