KOP Netherlands Fellowship Programme to Study in Holland 2018
Applications are now open for the 2018 Kennisontwikkelings programma (KOP). The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) entered a new phase as a new programme under the name Kennisontwikkelings programma (KOP), which aims to advance the development of the capacity, knowledge and quality of both individuals and institutions in higher and vocational education. In the first KOP round there will be scholarships for Short Courses.
KOP NFP is initiated and fully funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs under the budget for development cooperation.
A KOP NFP fellowship is intended to supplement the salary that you should continue to receive during the study period in the Netherlands. The allowance is a contribution towards your costs of living, the costs of tuition fees, visas, travel, insurance and thesis research.
If applicable, the fellowship holder is expected to cover the difference between the actual costs and the amount of the personal KOP NFP allowances. The fellowships are awarded in a very competitive selection to highly motivated professionals who are in a position to introduce the newly-acquired skills and knowledge into their employing organisation.
You must meet a number of criteria that support the aim of the KOP NFP to be eligible for a fellowship.
- One must be a professional and a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the KOP Country list valid at the time of application;
- One must have a current employer’s statement that complies with the formal Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the formal must be endorsed in the statement;
- One must not be employed by an organisation which can be expected to have their own funds for staff development, e.g.: a multinational corporation (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft) a large national and/or a large commercial organisation; a bilateral donor organisation (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid); a multilateral donor organisation (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB); an international NGO (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care).
- One must have a current employer’s statement which complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments, which are included in the format, must be endorsed in the statement;
- One must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable);
- One must have an official passport valid at least three months after the submission date of the registration form by the candidate
Albania ▪ Armenia ▪ Bhutan ▪ Bolivia ▪ Burkina Faso ▪ Cambodia ▪ Cuba ▪ Djibouti ▪ DR Congo ▪ Georgia ▪ India ▪ Jordan ▪ Lebanon ▪ Macedonia ▪ Mongolia ▪ Nepal ▪ Nicaragua ▪ Nigeria ▪ Pakistan ▪ Peru ▪ Philippines ▪ Senegal ▪ Somalia ▪ Sri Lanka ▪ Sudan ▪ Surinam ▪ Thailand ▪ Zimbabwe
How to Apply
Before you apply, make sure you review the eligibility criteria carefully and check whether your employer is willing to nominate you for the scholarship. When you are certain that you are eligible for a KOP NFP scholarship, you can start making the necessary preparations for your application.
Follow these steps to apply:
- If you want to apply for a KOP scholarship for a short course in the Netherlands, you need to first find a course that is eligible for the scholarship. You can find the eligible courses in our , specifying in the search criteria: ‘NFP qualified – Yes’.
- Contact the Dutch higher education institution that is offering the course for information on:
- course content
- the application deadline (deadlines can differ per Dutch institution)
- the application and selection procedures
- the online application form and the supporting documents 3. Prepare your application and the supporting documents
- Submit your online application via the Dutch institution offering the course
The closing date differs per institution. For any questions on the application -and selection procedures please contact the Dutch institution directly.
For more information, visit KOP Netherlands Fellowship Programme.