Trust for Sustainable Living’s Schools Sustainability Challenge 2018
Deadline: December 15, 2017
Trust for Sustainable Living is now accepting applications for the 2018 Schools Sustainability Challenge. The TSL Schools Sustainability Challenge is a video contest for schools around the world. Teacher Champions are invited to submit short videos showcasing their schools’ best sustainability projects. Schools are welcome to participate in both contests. The Challenge winners will be announced at the 2018 Debates & Awards in the Seychelles.
The Schools Sustainability Challenge recognises and rewards the sustainability action and leadership of schools around the world, and the winning school is awarded the Schools Sustainability Challenge Trophy, together with a cash prize of £500 or equivalent.
The TSL Schools Sustainability Challenge is organised in parallel with the TSL International Schools Essay Competition & Debate.
The winning school will be awarded the Trust for Sustainable Living’s Schools Sustainability Challenge Trophy and a cash prize of £500 (or equivalent in local currency) to support the school’s future sustainability initiatives. The winner will be announced at the TSL 2018 International Schools Debate and Awards in the Seychelles (2-7 July, 2018).
- Open to schools around the world
The Schools Sustainability Challenge is judged on the quality of the projects featured in the videos and their potential replicability around the world. Views of the videos on Youtube before mid-May 2018 are also taken into account during the judging process. Viewers are invited to show their support by viewing and ‘liking’ their favourite video entries on Youtube before mid-May 2018.
How to Enter
Participating schools are invited to create a short (3 minute) video showcasing their best sustainability-related projects.
- Each registered Teacher Champion can submit one video (maximum length: 3 minutes). Register your School/Teacher Champion now.
- Only one entry per school is permitted.
- Video submissions must be uploaded to Youtube and Teacher Champions will be asked to provide the relevant Youtube link. Please ensure that the following information is included in the title of your Youtube video: “TSL 2018 Schools Sustainability Challenge”.
To upload a video link for the TSL Schools Sustainability Challenge, Teacher Champions should:
- Login as above.
- Submit the relevant Youtube video link for your school’s video entry no later than the deadline date (midnight GMT on 15th December 2017).
- Remember that only one video entry is permitted per Teacher Champion.
- Videos greater than 3 minutes in length are not eligible and will not be included in the judging process.
- Forgot your password or username? Visit the ‘forgot password’ page.
Email queries should be directed to: schools[AT]livingrainforest[DOT]org