Alexander von Humboldt International Climate Protection Fellowship 2018 (fully-funded to Germany)
Deadline: March 1, 2018
Applications are ongoing for the Alexander von Humboldt International Climate Protection Fellowship 2018. With the International Climate Protection Fellowships, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation enables prospective leaders in academia and industry to implement a research-based proposal in the field of climate protection or climate-related resource conservation during a one-year stay in Germany.
Up to 20 International Climate Protection Fellowships are granted annually, funded under the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety’s (BMUB) International Climate Initiative. The fellowships target prospective leaders from non-European transition and developing countries.
Candidates draw up their own research-based proposal which they then implement in collaboration with a host in Germany. The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation runs the programme in cooperation with the Federation of German Industry (BDI), the Centre for International Postgraduate Studies in Environmental Management (CIPSEM) at TU Dresden, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt (DBU), the Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and the Renewables Academy AG (RENAC).
- A monthly fellowship of between €2,150 and €2,650, depending on your qualifications;
- Individual mentoring during your stay in Germany;
- Additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course;
- A three-week introductory phase, during which you will have the opportunity to make contact with other climate protection fellows and visit companies, research institutions and cultural events in Germany;
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career.
Submit an application, if you
- Are a future leader from a non-European transition or developing country (see list of countries)
- Are active in any of the following areas: scientific, engineering-based, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change
- Are interested in spending a year working with a host of your choice in Germany on a research-based project you have developed yourself in the field of climate protection and climate-related resource conservation.
Applications will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic and professional career to date (mobility, determination, expertise, academic success);
- Leadership skills (initial experience in leadership positions and/or appropriate references);
- Quality, originality and relevance of the research-based proposal (convincing selection of methods, clear focus and feasibility, relevance to climate protection or climate-related resource conservation, viability of both the host institution chosen and the concomitant communication strategy;
- Future potential (further development in academia and industry, career prospects)
Register now and apply online for the Alexander von Humboldt International Climate Protection Fellowship 2018.
For more information, visit International Climate Protection Fellowship.