David Bohnett Public Service Fellowship 2018 to Study at NYU Wagner (Funded)
Deadline: December 1, 2017
Applications are invited for the David Bohnett Public Service Fellowship 2018 at NYU Wagner. The Bohnett Fellowship, sponsored by the David Bohnett Foundation, allows outstanding masters students the opportunity to engage in the challenges of governing at the city level. The mission of the David Bohnett Foundation is to improve society through social activism. They pursue this mission by providing funding, state-of-the-art technology and technical support to innovative organizations and institutions that, in addition to meeting their funding guidelines, share their vision.
Bohnett Fellows network with mayors from across the country and Bohnett Fellows from other schools when they attend the annual winter meeting of the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Washington DC accompanied by a faculty. Fellows also participate in a summer internship at the highest levels of NYC government or in the Mayor’s office of another US city through the US Conference of Mayors, which has an ongoing partnership with NYU Wagner.
NYU Wagner Named Fellowship programs are designed to identify and reward the most outstanding students. They seek students with a strong academic record, noteworthy professional experience and aspirations, and a proven commitment to public service with a focus on a relevant issue area. Fellowship recipients are expected to exemplify the values of the illustrious individuals for whom the fellowships are named, as well as the values of the NYU Wagner community.
The Bohnett Fellowship Program provides:
- A full tuition scholarship
- A $5,000 summer stipend and
- Internship opportunity for two incoming MPA or MUP students each academic year.
Eligible applicants should
- Have an explicit interest in working for municipal governments to solve our most urgent social issues
- Have an interest in social activism
- Be highly articulate in both speaking and writing.
- Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2018. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in order to be considered for fellowship.
- Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews in mid-to-late February 2018.
- Those selected as fellowship finalists will be invited for an in-person interview with the Selection Committee in New York City in early April 2018. Those finalists who cannot travel to New York will be able to interview via Skype. This panel of judges will be comprised of representatives from sponsoring organizations, faculty and NYU Wagner alumni.
Other Fellowships to Study at NYU Wagner:
- David Bohnett Public Service Fellowship
- Henry Hart Rice Urban Studies Fellowship
- African Women’s Public Service Fellowship
For more information, visit David Bohnett Public Service Fellowship.