NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund 2018 for South Africans (fully-funded)
Deadline: December 15, 2017 (Postal/Email Application) / January 16, 2018 (Online Application)
Applications are open for the NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund 2018. The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) is offering the scholarship to youth to give them an opportunity to study at public universities or university of technologies across South Africa. The scholarship fund is designed to create an environment for affording youth with excellent academic background, an opportunity to further their studies. Financial support will be provided to youth who pursue full-time degrees that fall within the priority growth sectors, critical and scarce skills areas outlined in the labor planning frameworks of the country.
To provide financial support to youth in the form of scholarships to increase their chances of accessing quality higher education in their field of study;
To increase chances of employability or entrepreneurship based on the positive correlation between level of education and employability;
Empower the youth with education to enable them to compete favourably in the labour market;
Contribute to the development of critical and scarce skills.
The Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship covers these costs:
- Accommodation (thresholds apply)
- Study Books/equipment (thresholds apply)
- Students must be applying for admission to one of the public universities as a 1st year full-time student in a priority study;
- High school learners who plan to attend one of the public universities or universities of technology after completing the National Senior Certificate;
- Must meet University Admission Points Score (APS) and achieve an average of 70% in the NSC exams;
- Must be South African citizens under 35;
- Financial neediness – combined household income of less than R15 000 a month
- Reside in rural/semi-rural areas/townships.