#United4Food Creative Mind Competition 2017 for Nigerian Students (Up to N500,000 for Winners)
Deadline: October 1, 2017
Oxfam in Nigeria Food Security Ambassador and ace musician Sound Sultan has launched a #United4Food campaign in collaboration with The Human and Environmental Development Agenda (HEDA Resource Centre). The project is part of a global food security campaign by Oxfam, and Voices for Food Security (VFS) is the main collaborating network in Nigeria. The #United4Food campaign seeks to engage and empower youths in the advocacy for food security using the power of creativity and social media. You can call them food security ninjas.
There are three messages they want to pass across to people. They need you, to use that healthy dose of creativity to represent these themes visually and make people go awww at the sight of the magic you have created. Entries are required to speak to at least one of these 3 theme.
- Put your mouth where your Food is: SpeakUp for Farmers – Ever wondered what would happen if farmers went on an indefinite strike? No jokes. It could happen! The #Beneueflooding wreaked so much havoc on so many farms and so did other flooding across the Country! Farmers need help. But importantly, they need you to #SpeakUp for them. So? turn on your creative swag and speak for them.
- Right2Food na Right2LIFE: a Hungry Man na Angry Man – Where hunger begins, rationality ends!!! So, put on your ogbonge thinking ‘helmet’ and help draw attention to the call that NASS and the Presidency and all States Legislatures and Governors urgently make FOOD a RIGHT in Nigeria.
- More Money to Farmers, More FOOD on the TABLE. Lets Walk the Talk – The most important restructuring we need in Nigeria is Stomach Restructuring through correct agriculture. Small scale farmers need more money and support to continue to feed us and help grow the economy. But that’s not going to happen by magic is it? Someone has to shine the light for the government to see the needful. Oya, enter the race, wear your genius lens and show some creativity.
- Winner receives scholarship worth N250,000, a laptop and becomes #United4Food Ambassador;
- 1st Runner up receives scholarship worth N150,000 plus a tablet;
- 2nd Runner up receives scholarship worth N100,000 plus a smart phone.
You can apply if
- You are an undergraduate in Nigerian University;
- You have an established social media presence with an active following;
- You have an out-of-this world creative mind;
- You are passionate about food security.
- Step 1: Take a Photo, Design Graphics or upload a Video(Not more than 30 Sec) talking about one of the Themes.
- Put your mouth where your Food is: SpeakUp for Farmers
- Right2Food na Right2LIFE: a Hungry Man na Angry Man
- More Money to Farmers, More FOOD on the TABLE. Lets Walk the Talk.
- Step 2: Upload on your social media platform using #United4Food
- Step 3: Submit your details
- Step 4: Make your creative go viral
For more information, visit #United4Food Competition.