Apply: Global Advocacy Learning Programme on Human Rights & Development 2017
Deadline: October 20, 2017
Call for applications is ongoing for the Global Advocacy Learning Programme on Human Rights & Development 2017. The programme is the first of its kind to be developed by the Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA). It provides a comprehensive set of knowledge and skills to human rights and development activists from Asia and beyond. The Global Advocacy Learning Programme on Human Rights & Development will take place in Thailand from November 19-25, 2017.
Extremely qualified and experienced facilitators, as well as international experts, will guide the participants through the most relevant and pressing issues related to human rights and development. The participants will learn and engage in interactive sessions throughout the 7-day programme touching upon, among others, human rights advocacy and mechanisms, global campaigns, sustainable development goals, and business and human rights. All participants will receive high-quality reading and training materials.
The Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA) works to promote and protect human rights, including the right to development, through collaboration and cooperation among human rights organisations and defenders in Asia and beyond. FORUM-ASIA is committed to building a peaceful, just, equitable and ecologically sustainable community of peoples and societies in Asia, where all human rights of all individuals, groups and peoples – in particular, the poor, marginalised and discriminated – are fully respected and realised in accordance with internationally accepted human rights norms and standards.
- Candidates should have genuine interest in issues related to human rights/development/ governance/public policy;
- Must be currently employed in a national, regional or international civil society organisation;
- Have minimum of 5 years working experience in organisations addressing issues related to human rights/development/governance/public policy (applicants with less than 5 years will be considered on an exceptional basis);
- Must have an excellent command of English, both spoken and written.
- All interested applicants are to apply promptly by submitting the duly filled application Online Application Form before Friday, October 20, 2017.
- Email questions and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit Global Advocacy Learning Programme on Human Rights & Development.