Johnson & Johnson Women in STEM²D Scholars Program 2018 (Worth $150,000)
Deadline: October 31, 2017
As a part of Johnson & Johnson’s commitment to building a diverse WiSTEM2D Community, they are pleased to launch the 2018 WiSTEM2D Scholars Program, an award to support women pursuing research in STEM2D. The Scholars Program aims to fuel the development of female STEM2D leaders and feed the STEM2D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their research careers, in each of the STEM2D disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing and Design.
The awards will fund one woman per discipline who has completed her advanced degree, who is working as an assistant professor and who is not yet tenured at an accredited university or design institution. The goal is to fuel the research passion of the awarded women and inspire career paths in their respective STEM2D fields. By offering these awards, Johnson & Johnson hopes to play an influential role in STEM2D breakthroughs in the future.
- A 3-year award in the gross amount of $150,000, which will be paid to the University (the “Recipient”) for the benefit of the J&J Scholar and her research, with the understanding that the Recipient will administer the funds. The Scholars Award will be paid in three (3) installments of US $50,000 per year over the 3-year award period, subject to compliance with the terms and conditions of the program’s Agreement.
- Female non-tenured assistant professors or faculty members in equivalent positions at a University or Academic Institute (collectively, “University”) in one of the STEM²D disciplines are eligible to apply to participate in the Scholars Program;
- The eligible STEM²D disciplines are: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing and Design.
Interested and eligible applicants should begin their applications here. The application process is split into two phases, with specific deliverables attached to each phase.
- Phase One
- Submit a department head letter of recommendation (One applicant per university per letter of STEM2D) .
- Write 1,000 words (plus one page of images) detailing your proposed area of research.
- Create and submit a one-minute digital video describing, as simply as possible, the impact of the research on your area of STEM2D and your own personal impact as a potential future leader in STEM2D.
- Submit PDF files of three selected publications or pieces of portfolio that represent your most important contributions with a focus on the most recent five years.
- Submit your resume (three pages, font size 11), including a list of publications, presentations, abstracts, current financial support already obtained, other folio work and two references.
- Brief outline of budget for proposed research
- Phase Two
- Present a five-minute summary of the proposed research and societal impact in a digital video.
The application period for the 2018 Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Program awards is open from September 1 to October 31, 2017.
For more information, see FAQ or visit Johnson & Johnson Women in STEM²D Scholars Program.