Apply for the Europe Foundation Social Enterprise Development Grant 2017
Deadline: October 26, 2017
Europe Foundation (EPF) is pleased to announce a call for proposals for civil society organizations registered and operating in Georgia, interested in creation or development of a social enterprise. Grant competition aims to support the development of new and existing social enterprises, to promote social enterprise as a viable instrument for attaining long-term CSO sustainability.
Social enterprise projects submitted within this grant competition are encouraged to follow one of the following business models. Please, note that the models are not mutually exclusive:
- Employment model: operating as an enterprise employing its beneficiaries while selling its products or services in the open market; this model provides employment opportunities and job training to people with high barriers to employment such as people with disabilities, internally displaced persons, socially vulnerable women, etc.
- Low-Income Client as Market Model: recognizes the target population or beneficiaries as a market to sell goods or services, to provide affordable access to products and services.
- Fee-for-Service Model: sells social and/or other types of services directly to the target populations of individuals, firms, communities, or to a third party payer.
- Market Linkage Model: facilitates trade relationships between the target population or benficiaries, small producers, local firms and cooperatives, and the external market.
- Maximum grant award for each proposal presented by CSOs, interesting in starting up or developing a social enterprise is GEL 20,000.
- Open to civil society organizations registered and operating in Georgia, interested in creation or development of a social enterprise;
- Please, note that only those CSOs that have a proven record of operations of at least two years are eligible to apply for this opportunity;
- Proposals submitted within this grant competition should demonstrate that profits of the established social enterprise are reinvested to achieve social mission of the applicant organization.
- Download and complete the Inquiry form, Proposal form and budget form that can be found here.
- Interested applicants may submit full application by email to [email protected] no later than October 26, 2017 by 17:00;
- Please indicate SE Grant Competition in the subject line of your email.
For more information, visit Europe Foundation Social Enterprise Development Grant.