Apply for the Google Women Techmakers Scholars Program 2018-2019
Deadline: December 1, 2017
Applications are open for the Google Women Techmakers Scholars Program 2018-2019. Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
The Scholars Program consists of the following elements:
- Scholarship: An academic scholarship, awarded based on academic performance, leadership, and impact on the community of women in tech
- Retreat: An opportunity to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors, while participating in professional and personal development trainings and workshops.
- Community: An online network with fellow scholars program participants designed to share resources, support the global community of women in tech and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
- Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive $10,000 USD (for students in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for students in Canada) for the 2018-2019 academic year;
- Women Techmakers Scholars from Europe, Middle East and Africa will each receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Identify as female;
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2017-2018 academic year;
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters or PhD program at a university in the United States/Canada, Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2018-2019 academic year;
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science
- Begin your application here
- The application will require the following:
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- Two letters of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor for American and Canadian applicants and One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor from applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Responses to four essay questions
The application for the 2018-2019 Scholars Program is now open and will close December 1, 2017 at 11:59 pm GMT.
For more information, visit Women Techmakers Scholars Program.