ICUB Fellowship for Young Researchers 2018 at University of Bucharest (Stipend of 2500 lei/month)
Applications are ongoing for the ICUB Fellowship for Young Researchers 2018. Each year ICUB offers a number of postdoctoral fellowships for young researchers. These fellowships are awarded for a period which can vary from 3 to 12 months to young researchers with an excellent track-record. During the time of their stay in Bucharest, fellows will be full-time members of the academic community of ICUB.
ICUB is a newly established research institute, a research division of the University of Bucharest. Its mission is to promote and stimulate outstanding research in all disciplines. The institute has four divisions: Exact Sciences, Social Sciences, Earth, Environmental and Life Sciences and Humanities. The institute encourages international and interdisciplinary projects, offers grants and scholarships and is actively engaged in establishing, promoting and encouraging international collaborations among scholars, at all levels.
- Fellows will receive a stipend of 2500 lei/month (= approx. 560 euro, exempt from taxes);
- Awards may include travel expenses for fellows from abroad (the equivalent of one round air travel economy class) and a living allowance (up to 1200 lei/month);
- Fellows will be full members of the institute during their stay in Bucharest, will be able to use the institute’s infrastructure, and will take part in the academic life of ICUB;
- Fellows will benefit from logistic support in case they aim to apply for other grants and research programs;
- Fellows are expected to organize scientific events (workshops, conferences, symposia, etc.). ICUB will provide technical and logistic support for the organization.
- Scientists and scholars of all nationalities and disciplines are eligible to apply;
- Candidates within five years from their PhD (at the time of application) who have already proven their ability to work successfully as independent researchers. For researchers holding two PhDs, the PhD relevant to the research field of the application will be taken into account;
- The fellowships are mainly addressed to candidates not holding a permanent position in research or higher education and it involves working full-time at the ICUB;
- Candidates who have a work contract with the University of Bucharest are not eligible. Candidates who have permanent positions in other institutions will have to provide an agreement from their institution stating the support for their research activity as ICUB fellows.
Applications can be submitted at any time. The peer-review evaluation will take about 3 months after having received the complete set of documents and it will be followed by a panel meeting. The panel meets twice a year, in April/May and October/November.
- Application form;
- CV and list of publications;
- Certification of PhD defense or copy of the PhD certificate;
- Sample writing (maximum 3 published articles/ papers/ patents);
- The name, e-mail address and phone numbers of three professors/scholars who can write letters of recommendation for the candidate (the letters will be e-mailed by the referees directly to ICUB, at [email protected], if the letters are not sent in the requested time – 2 weeks after the submission of the application – the application is not eligible);
- The research project (maximum 5 pages; bibliography counts separately);
- For research projects involving experimental work or laboratory access, a preliminary agreement on behalf of the department chair or head of laboratory is needed.
- Applications should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] with attachments in pdf format.
There is no deadline, the applications can be submitted throughout the entire academic year. However, applications submitted between January 1 and May 31 will be evaluated in the October/November panel, and the applications submitted between June 1 and December 31 will be evaluated in the April/May panel.
For more information, visit ICUB Fellowship for Young Researchers.