Deadline: October 16, 2017
Twilio.org is now accepting grant proposals from organizations based anywhere in the world. The Twilio.org Impact Fund provides financial support through grants and investments to organizations that are generating impact aligned with Twilio.org’s mission to fuel communications that give hope, power, and freedom.
The Impact Fund is supported as part of Twilio’s participation in the Pledge 1% initiative. Through this initiative, Twilio pledged 1% of company equity to fund Twilio.org for a period of 10 years. Through the Impact Fund, Twilio.org offers monetary grants to nonprofits and investments in social enterprises that are part of the Twilio.org customer community.
Are you a nonprofit using communications tech for good? Apply for a grant from the Impact Fund!
In the fall grant round they will award four $50,000 grants.
- They are excited to fund organizations creating large system-wide change that leverages communications to fuel that change.
- They provide grants to organizations of any size, ranging from early stage small teams to large organizations operating in multiple countries.
- Organizations that use innovative communication strategies to remove the friction (ie: cost, effort, time) for people to participate in their programs or to increase engagement for positive social change.
- Organizations that are building a new communications based project
- Organizations that use technology to address urgent communication needs like crisis response, supporter activation, and time-sensitive calls to action.
Proposals are evaluated using the following criteria:
- Communications are the cause of and the solution to many of the world’s problems. How does your organization leverage communications, in a technological and programmatic way, to solve big problems?
- Evidence that an Impact Fund grant will provide you the rocket fuel to leverage communications to accomplish your mission, for instance increasing people using your service by 75% or bringing your pilot to 50 more countries.
- Demonstrated effort toward creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and board
- Alignment with Twilio.org mission (Fuel communications that give hope, power and freedom)
- Organization financial sustainability
When possible, we prioritize funding for organizations working on core issue areas for Twilio.org — Voices for Democracy, crisis support, community engagement, education, and mobilization.
Submit your Statement of Interest Form by October 16, 2017.
Timeline: The application and review process for the fall grant round is as follows:
- October 03, 2017: Call for grant interest forms opens.
- October 16, 2017: Grant interest forms due.
- October 24, 2017: Selected organizations invited to submit formal grant proposal.
- November 6, 2017: Formal grant proposals due.
- November 15-17, 2017: Interviews with finalists.
- November 28, 2017: Grant recipients announced.
They will notify applicants of their status according to the following schedule:
- October 24, 2017: Applicants notified regarding whether they are selected to submit a formal grant proposal
- November 28, 2017: Applicants notified regarding whether they are awarded a grant.
For more information, visit Twilio.org Impact Fund Grant.