Deadline: November 15, 2017
Science of Life Studies (SOLS) 24/7 Malaysia is currently looking for passionate and motivated individuals from around the globe to be Community Center Manager in one of their 12 Centers across Malaysia. They have centers in the city of Kuala Lumpur, rural areas, islands and Borneo. This is an opportunity to work together with other similarly passionate and capable individuals in revolutionizing education for poor communities. As a CCM, you will also be stepping out of your comfort zone and be faced with out-of-the ordinary challenges to conquer.
A Community Centre Manager is someone who is passionate to help improve the lives of an underprivileged community by empowering them with education and motivation. SOLS 24/7 together with its CCMs work to achieve this objective by mainly providing communities with English, basic computer skills and motivation through Community Centres.
Their Community Centre Programme was awarded by the Unesco in 2016 for Education Innovation. Duration: 13 Months (First month training). The Community Centre Manager runs one of their nationwide learning centres teaching English, IT and Motivation to underprivileged communities. Be placed in urban, rural or island communities and make a positive impact!
- Gain International Experience
- Work for an Award-Winning NGO
- Understand Malaysia
- Broaden Your Professional Horizons
- Free Accommodation
- Competitive entry-level graduate salaries.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 1 month training + minimum 6 or preferable 12 months placement to gain full exposure;
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree;
- High Proficiency in written & spoken English;
- IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge or any other English qualifications are not necessary, but are an added advantage;
- Work experience, including demonstrated leadership and management skills.
Teaching – 60%
- Planning and preparing classes
- Teaching according to the education needs of students
- Teaching according to the SOLS 24/7 Science of Language System
- Attain and maintain student participation
Community Engagement – 25%
- Daily management of a Community Centre
- Collaborate and work with local community leaders
- Establish and maintain good relationships with the local community
- Create and implement community activities and programmes such as sports, environmental awareness, etc
Other Activities – 15%
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Give students advice on future careers
- Immerse yourself and try to understand the lives of the local community
- Complete the online application form
- Attach your CV
- Film yourself for 2 min explaining us why you would like to join SOLS 24/7 (not mandatory, but it will give your chances to get selected)
- 1ºBatch – Deadline – 15th November 2017
- 2ºBacth – Deadline – 1st March 2018
- 3ºBatch – Deadline – 1st July 2018
For more information, visit SOLS 24/7 Malaysia Community Center Manager.