Deadline: February 6, 2018
The ZEISS Photography Award is now in its third year – and is calling on ambitious photographers from across the globe to present their work around the theme “Seeing Beyond – Untold Stories”. The focus of the photo series should be on stories that have not yet been told (or have not yet been told to the end). The theme “Untold Stories” can and should be understood in the broadest sense – the works can examine the familiar from a new perspective or cover topics that have not received much attention up until now. The goal is for photographers to push the creative boundaries and surpass themselves photographically.
The ZEISS Photography Award is jointly organized by ZEISS and the World Photography Organisation. Last year, around 4,700 photographers from 132 countries submitted more than 31,000 photos. The awards ceremony will be held in London on April 19, 2018, as part of the Sony World Photography Awards. The winner and the shortlist with up to ten photographers will be announced on April 3, 2018.
- One winner will be notified by email and will receive return flights to London (economy class) and hotel accommodation for two consecutive nights including the Awards night in April 2018;
- The winners will receive attractive prizes, including ZEISS lenses of their choice with a total value of 12,000 Euros as well as 3,000 Euros to cover travel costs for a photo project;
- The winning photos and the selected photos from the shortlist will simultaneously be presented at the Sony World Photography Awards exhibition at the Somerset House in London, with the winner participating in the exhibition opening. In addition, ZEISS will invite the winner to the company’s headquarters in Germany. Here they will gain insight into the world of ZEISS and can familiarize themselves with ZEISS lenses. In addition, they will also have the opportunity to personally work with ZEISS and the World Photography Organisation.
- The Competition is free to enter;
- Open to all Photographers entering a body of work between 5 to 10 images;
- All entrants must be over 18;
- Unpublished work entered into the competition must have been taken between the dates of January 1, 2014 and February 6, 2018. Once unpublished work has been entered, it cannot be entered again as published work in the future year of the awards competition;
- Published work may have been taken at any point in history, but must have been commissioned or acquired or first published between the dates of January 1, 2017 and February 6, 2018;
- Eligible publications include magazines, newspapers, on-line and print editorial, self-publishing websites, including personal sites as well as commissioned gallery exhibitions;
- Images included in past photographic competitions, advertisements, marketing material, blogs, social media and all other visible platforms prior to January 1, 2017 will be considered published and not permissible within this competition.
- Create an account here to enter the competition. Entries must be submitted by 12.59:59am (GMT) on Tuesday, February 6, 2018.
- Images should be no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 5MB. Images should be JPEG files;
- All images must be saved in the RGB colour model and EXIF data must be left in the image file;
- All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in exhibitions should the image be required.
For more information, visit ZEISS Photography Competition.