IBM Master the Mainframe Global Competition 2017 (Up to $76,000 in Prizes)
Deadline: December 31, 2017
Applications are invited for the IBM Master the Mainframe Global Competition 2017. This is the largest student mainframe competition in the world and it has returned for its 13th year in a row with new prizes and new challenges for students around the world. Win prizes while gaining unique skills that will land you a career in Fortune 500 companies around the world!
See how it works!
- Part 1 – Learn the Basics: Meet the IBM Z mainframe and acquaint yourself with the user interfaces, the basic concepts, and data structures. IBM will provide step by step instructions to complete the challenges and set you up for success in Part 2.
- Part 2 – Practice: Students will program (advanced commands, system setup, and system navigation), develop (C, JAVA, COBOL, assembler, and REXX) and experience operating systems challenges on IBM Z.
- Part 3 – Try Challenges: Dive deeper using real life scenarios encountered by experienced systems programmers. Challenges will put contestants to the test and identify those with the most drive and determination to master the mainframe.
- Part 1 Prizes: Snag your Swag
- $25 USD Amazon/Alibaba Gift Card for 750 contestants, taken from the first 3000 accepted challenges (a 1 in 4 chance) that are 100% correct.
- Part 2 Prizes: Indulge Yourself
- $100 USD Mastercard/Visa Gift Cards for the first 200 challenges that are 100% correct.
- Part 3 Prizes: Show Off Your Talent
- The top 2 individuals from each region (North America, Latin America, South Asia, APAC, MEA, and Europe) will win a $2750 travel stipend to visit the head office of IBM in their region and meet with key executives and recruiters on their project.
- Each winning individual will receive a “Master the Mainframe Global Winner” Hoodie.
- The top three individuals globally will receive an HTC Vive worth $799 USD.
Besides the awesome prizes, you can get unprecedented exposure to a variety of systems, software, and products. You can earn an Enterprise Computing Open Badge for your resume and social presences to impress potential employers. This competition can even land you a job!
- This unique, virtual contest is open globally to high school and college students to progressively teach mainframe skills in a real-world enterprise computing environment. Employers from around the globe use this contest to seek out potential candidates for mainframe careers.
- All you need to do is register and you’ll be on the first part of your journey towards Mastering the Mainframe.
For more information, visit Master the Mainframe Global Competition.