Deadline: January 31, 2018
Applications are ongoing for the India Science and Research Fellowship (ISRF) Programme 2018-2019. The Fellowship provides opportunity to scientists from developing countries of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal and Sri Lanka to work in advanced research areas in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at premier research laboratories in India. Up to 70 fellowships will be awarded annually under this scheme.
The Fellowship is co-ordinated by the Centre for International Co-operation in Science (CICS). The CICS (formerly CCSTDS) is a Registered Society, functioning under the patronage of President, Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi, Secretary, Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi and Chairman, Governing Council, CICS. The Centre is mandated to promote S & T co-operation for the mutual benefit of the scientists of developing countries from Asia, Africa, Latin America and Arab regions.
- Fellowship Allowance: Rs. 50,000/- per month which includes accommodation;
- Contingency grant to Fellow Scientist: Rs. 10,000/- as one time contingency grant;
- Contingency research grant for host scientist (through institution): Rs. 20,000/- as one time grant;
- Round trip air ticket by economy class from the place of employment in their own country to the Indian host institute, through shortest route. Local transport by road / rail between the nearest airport and the host institute in India;
- Visa fee will be reimbursed.
- Applicant should be a citizen/permanent resident of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal and Sri Lanka;
- The applicant should be actively engaged in research at a University or research institution in their country in various areas of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences;
- Minimum Qualifications:
- for faculty, scientists and researchers – Ph.D /M.Tech /M.Sc /MBBS with 3-5 years of research or teaching experience
- for PhD students – M.Tech /M.Sc /MBBS and registered for a PhD in their home country
- Must be below 45 years of age (as on December 31 of the previous year of selection);
- The applicant should possess a valid passport;
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India.
- Researchers/scientists actively engaged in research and students registered for Ph.D at a University or research institution meeting the eligibility criteria should apply using prescribed format here to respective implementing agency in partner country (if available) or CICS, Chennai.
- If the respective implementing agency in partner country is not available, Applications may be submitted as hard copy or scan copy with supporting documents.
Hard Copy to:
The Head (Acting)
Centre for International Co-operation in Science (CICS)
No:2, Gandhi Mandapam Road,
Chennai – 600025
Soft Copy to:
Email: [email protected]
For more information, visit India Science and Research Fellowship.