DAAD Postdoctoral Fellowship at African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) 2018-2019
Deadline: November 9, 2017
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is offering Postdoctoral fellowship in Sub-saharan Africa at African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Cameroon. DAAD as a publicly funded, self-governing organization of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
The purpose of the programme is to provide opportunities to post-doctoral researchers to conduct co-operative research at AIMS Cameroon, under the guidance of the research chair holder. The programme is designed to support post-doctoral training. There is also a teaching responsibility and teaching language will be in English.
The objective for fellows is to undertake research during the tenure of the award. The project should not be a reworking or mere extension of the candidate’s doctoral research project. The fellowship is tenable for a period of two years at AIMS Cameroon, located in Limbe, a pleasant coastal town in the South West Region of Cameroon, about two hours from Douala International Airport.
The fellowship consists of:
- A travel allowance to participate in international conferences: 2000 EUR
- A monthly instalment: 1000 EUR
- A personal lump sum of 100 Euro/month (for work-visa etc)
- The incumbent is obliged to conclude an insurance policy (health/accident/personal liability).
- Applicants have to:
- have completed their PhD degree less than three years ago;
- be current or prospective teaching or research staff at an international university or research institution;
- be preferably nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Preferably applicants should have a strong background in Quantitative and/or Numerical Analysis of Partial Differential Equations and their applications in real world problems.
At the end of the fellowship the fellow has to provide a detailed report on the findings of the research signed by the hosting professor at AIMS Cameroon.
- Go here to see application instructions and accessing the application portal
- Documents to be submitted include:
- DAAD application form duly filled;
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the europass specimen form here), including list of publications (if applicable);
- Research proposal (maximum 5 pages) including detailed time and work plan which must have been arranged in advance with the chair holder;
- 2 recommendation letters by academic referees;
- PhD certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate);
- Master’s certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
Please send a copy of your application to Prof. Dr. Gisèle Mophou at AIMS Cameroon via the following email address: [email protected]
For more information, visit DAAD Postdoctoral Fellowship at AIMS.