World Bank #Blog4Dev Essay Competition 2017 for Ghanaians
Deadline: November 23, 2017
Are you a Ghanaian citizen between 16 and 28 years old, and currently living in Ghana? Here is your turn to have your say! The World Bank wants to hear from you on what Ghana should focus on to achieve its development goals in the next 60 years. Be bold, be creative, be practical! —and chart a socially inclusive path to progress!
Enter the #Blog4Dev Essay contest for a chance to win attractive prizes. The topic of the essay is: As a citizen, what should Ghana focus on to achieve its development goals in the next 60 years?
- 1st and 2nd best entries will each receive an iPad, cash prizes, and a 4-week attachment at the World Bank Ghana office;
- The 3rd best entry will get a cash prize and a month’s attachment at the World Bank Ghana Office;
- The 4th and 5th best entries will receive cash prizes;
- All top five entries will be published online on the WBG’s Nasikiliza blog. They will also be promoted on World Bank social media channels, credited to the respective bloggers.
- Applicants must:
- Be a Ghanaian citizen
- Be between the ages of 16 and 28 years
- Currently reside in Ghana
- Be able to hold a conversation in English
- Email your 500-word original blog/essay, written in English
- Only one submission per entrant will be allowed
The winning submissions will be selected based on the following criteria:
- To enter the competition, submit your original blog entry of no more than 500 words here.
- Submission deadline is November 23, 2017. Late submissions will be automatically disqualified.
For more information, visit World Bank #Blog4Dev and Essay Competition.