Deadline: November 30, 2017
The Yenching Academy’s flagship event, the Yenching Global Symposium 2018, is now accepting applications! This year’s theme “RENaissance: China’s Journey in a Global Future” explores China’s multifaceted revival in a rapidly shifting global arena. The forum will bring together outstanding graduates from across the world to the historic grounds of Peking University in Beijing, from April 12th-15th 2018, for four days of interactive discussions, simulations, site visits, networking sessions and immersion activities.
Each year, the Symposium features prominent Chinese and international scholars, along with leading professionals from a wide range of fields. These leaders of today will share their insights with their potential counterparts: 200 students and young professionals from around the world with a noted passion for China in their work and research. They are looking for thinkers and innovators, movers and doers, creatives and campaigners. People with big ideas and specialized skills. People who are convinced that China matters and have conviction of the role they’ll play.
Delegates selected to attend the Yenching Global Symposium will receive fully-funded travel, accommodation, and meals in Beijing for the duration of the conference. Apply Now. New friendships, insights and breakthroughs await!
- Selected delegates will have their expenses covered for a full round-trip flight to Beijing, four days of accommodation, and meal costs.
- Access to lectures by prominent international scholars and professionals, interactive discussions, simulations, and site visits.
- Participation in a global network of thriving China-passionate young people.
- Opportunity to explore Beijing and Chinese culture through immersive activities.
- Holder of an undergraduate degree in any field
- Available for the entirety of the conference from April 12th-15th, 2018
- Have not attended any of the previous Yenching Global Symposiums
- International English proficiency test score (at least IELTS 7/TOEFL 100/Cambridge 180/CEFR C1), if have not attended a university where English was the sole language of instruction
- Under the age of 30
- Apply to become a delegate – by 11:59pm GMT on November 30th, 2017 to be considered.
Applications are highly competitive; they will only consider applicants who meet all the eligibility criteria and whose submissions are fully completed.
For more information, visit Yenching Symposium.