Deadline: Not Specified
O2 UK Think Big is now accepting entries for The Environment Now Challenge. Through Our Bright Future, the National Youth Agency and O2 have created a new Think Big programme – The Environment Now – to fund and support young people in the UK to solve environmental issues through digital technology. The Environment Now is an exciting new opportunity from O2’s Think Big that will fund young people in the UK with a grant of up to £10,000 to create their unique digital ideas to help the environment, such as improving energy efficiency, reducing waste, or recycling.
If you have got an idea to help the environment, such as improving energy efficiency, reducing waste or increasing recycling, and you are aged between 17 and 24, then you could apply for up to £10,000 from them to bring your idea to life. In return, they will offer you mentoring, work experience and insight days with industry professionals to help you bring your idea to life.
Environmental issues are already presenting challenges to how we live, and we believe that digital technology can help create solutions and lead us to a greener, better world. They believe that young people have the innovation, skills and passion to drive positive change, so we want you to get thinking about the environmental problems we all face, and how digital tech can help solve them.
Are you passionate about the environment and making a positive impact? Can you see digital technology making a better future? Have you got the entrepreneurial drive and innovation to make a difference? If your answer is YES, and you’re within the age range, then you can apply for up to £10,000 and take The Environment Now challenge.
Your project must:
- Have a designated project leader that is aged between 17-24. The programme is specifically aimed at young people and the project team must reflect this.
- Have a positive and measurable environmental impact in areas such as; energy efficiency or waste and recycling.
- Use digital technology to solve an environmental issue, this could include, but is not limited to:
- Using digital skills and/or digital connectivity
- The use of pre-existing technologies and digital platforms
- Using digital research and data management
- Be based within the UK; although it could have wider benefits.
- Have realistic and achievable objectives within the available funding and timeframe.
- Have sustainable values, considering your projects impact on the environment and local community.
- Not pay for team salaries, accommodation rent, social trips or any personal expenses that aren’t related to your project.
- Not support or endorse political parties, religious organisations and extreme activist groups.
- Not be part of an existing project or charity just requiring additional funding to continuing its existing work with no new elements.
- Not require additional funding to complete your The Environment Now project objectives.
- Submit your online application
- When prompted for the youth partner code on the second page please enter TEN. This is essential your application may be lost without it
If you have any questions or queries please email us [email protected]
For more information, visit The Environment Now Challenge.