Deadline: January 19, 2018
Entries are invited for the Shell Ideas360 Competition 2017/18. Shell Ideas360 is a global competition for students to learn & develop innovative ideas to tackle the challenges on energy, water and food resources. It’s an exciting journey of learning and discovery. It offers an opportunity for students to collaborate with like-minded innovators, Shell experts and mentors to expand their horizons.
The theme of Shell Ideas360 is “People & Planet – the Energy, Water and Food Challenge”. All teams will be requested to develop an innovative idea and proposal related to Energy, Water and Food.
- Stage One: Formulate – Register online – Join the Learning sessions – Submit an Idea. You join learning sessions, use the online community to discuss and to shape your idea before submission.
- Stage 2: Develop – Selected ideas will have access to:
- A designated mentor
- Expert Development Sessions – support to further develop your idea, Leadership & business skills training to enhance your career
- Stage 3: Pitch Make your idea pitch perfect with coaching, insight and support from senior Shell experts and mentors. Gain VIP access to Make The Future, London.
- Stage 1: Each member of a team that submits an idea receives a 3-month subscription to WIRED’s interactive digital edition (accessible on iPad, iPhone and Kindle Fire) and a certificate of participation;
- Stage 2: Each member of a team that submits an idea receives a certificate of participation;
- Stage 3: Each member of the finalist teams will fly to Make The Future, London and receive a personalized medal and certificate of completion;
- Winners: The winning team will receive the Shell Ideas360 trophy and each member of the team wins an Adventure.
- Access Learning Sessions to inspire and develop your idea that could change the world. Join a global community of students and like-minded innovators. Refine your skills to help prepare you for an exciting and fulfilling career;
- This is your chance to develop that innovative idea that you’ve been thinking about with support from a Shell mentor and industry experts;
- A Shell Ideas360 certificate of participation will be a great addition to any student’s résumé/CV;
- In addition to the Learning Sessions every team in Stage 2 will be assigned a Shell Mentor to help them develop their idea;
- Interact with fellow students from around the world via our online community. Meet Shell executives, industry leaders, business innovators and students from around the world at Make The Future.
- Open to any person who is, or will be, aged 18 or over by December 1, 2016; and
- Is currently studying (and is officially registered to continue studying until at least 01/12/2016) as a full time bachelors or masters student at a recognised, degree awarding university or other equivalent higher education establishment.
Register and set up your personal profile here. If you wish, invite other students to form a team, or participate as an individual. Teams nominate a team captain who can submit an idea on behalf of the team.
For more information, see FAQ or visit Shell Ideas360 Competition.