Deadline: January 31, 2018
Entries are now being accepted for the TRACE Prize for Investigative Reporting 2018. The TRACE Prize recognizes journalism that uncovers business bribery with the goal of increasing commercial transparency. Corruption is a global virus, and the battle against it must be, too. The TRACE prize uniquely recognizes and encourages the courageous, meticulous journalism that is part of that fight, anywhere it finds a voice.
TRACE is a globally recognized anti-bribery business organization and leading provider of cost-effective third party risk management solutions. Members and clients include hundreds of multinational companies headquartered worldwide. TRACE is comprised of two distinct entities – TRACE International and TRACE Incorporated – that share a common mission to advance commercial transparency worldwide.
- Each winning entry will receive a cash prize of $10,000 USD and the reporter will be invited to an award ceremony hosted by TRACE;
- The judges may also name up to two honorable mentions, who will each receive $1,000 USD.
- Nominees may be print, broadcast or online reporters from any country who have investigated commercial bribery schemes, business activities that create serious conflicts of interest or similar misconduct;
- Entries must have appeared in print or online during 2017;
- Multiple entries per author are permitted, as are team entries produced by groups of journalists.
- Download the entry form. Completed applications or queries should be emailed to Caitlin Seymour, [email protected]. The deadline for entries is 5pm EST, Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
For more information, visit TRACE Prize for Investigative Reporting.