Apply: WARC Library Fellowship 2018 in Dakar, Senegal (Fully-funded)
Deadline: February 1, 2018
Interested in Africa? Considering a career as a Librarian? The WARC Library Fellowship program may be a good opportunity for you. The WARC Library Fellowship is designed to provide experience in West Africa for practicing librarians and for the next generation of Africana librarians, and to assist in capacity building at the library of the West African Research Center (WARC) in Dakar, Senegal. Estimated work hours vary from 25 to 35 hours/week.
The WARC Library Fellow will work with the WARC librarian on electronic cataloguing and use of electronic research databases, and should have well developed skills in these areas. Preference will be given to those who have a working knowledge of French. Funding for the WARC Library Fellowship is provided by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State through a grant from the Council of American Overseas Research Centers.
- Fellowship provides round trip travel to Dakar and a stipend of $2,500 to cover the cost of living for 6 to 8 weeks during June and July of 2018.
- Open to US citizens who are enrolled or considering enrolling in a graduate program in Library Science and who are considering careers as Africana librarians, as well as those who are practicing librarians;
- Students from all colleges and universities are encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to those enrolled in graduate programs or completing their undergraduate studies at an HBCU.
The online application requires the following documents
- Personal statement outlining your experience and skills and what you hope to accomplish during the library fellowship
- Resume or CV
- Graduate and undergraduate transcripts (Scan and upload official transcripts)
- In addition, applicants must submit three letters of reference, signed by the referee, and both undergraduate and graduate transcripts. These must be uploaded by the referees here.
Applications must be submitted online no later than February 1, 2018. Late & incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit WARC Library Fellowship.