Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation Awards 2018 (Up to £7,000)
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Applications are invited for the Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation Awards 2018. The awards seek to encourage the development and sustainability of UK-Japan partnerships between such organisations as museums and art galleries, theatres and performing arts groups, schools and universities, and grassroots and professional bodies. Any project which involves a significant level of collaboration between British and Japanese partners can be considered.
The Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation is a UK charity, established in 1988 with a generous benefaction from Daiwa Securities Co Ltd. The Foundation’s purpose is to support closer links between Britain and Japan. It does this by:
- Making grants available to individuals, institutions and organisations to promote links between the UK and Japan across all fields of activity
- Awarding scholarships to young British graduates to study Japan and its language
- Organising a year-round programme of events to increase understanding of Japan in the UK
- Awards of £7,000-£15,000 are available for collaborative projects that enable British and Japanese partners to work together in the context of an institutional relationship. In order to fund as many applications as they possibly can, given the limited budget, the Foundation typically awards an average of £7,000 to successful Award applications.
- Daiwa Foundation Awards can cover projects in academic, professional, arts, cultural and educational fields.
- Daiwa Foundation Awards cannot be used for:
- any project that does not involve both a British and a Japanese partner
- general appeals
- capital expenditure (eg, building refurbishment, equipment acquisition, etc)
- school, college or university fees
- research or study by an individual school/college/university student
- salary costs or professional fees
- commissions for works of art
- retrospective grants
- replacement of statutory funding
- commercial activities
There are two application deadlines each year, March 31 (for a decision by May 31) and September 30 (for a decision by November 30). However, the Foundation encourages applicants to submit their application as early as possible. The Foundation is also happy to provide advice about possible applications – please contact [email protected]
For more information, visit Daiwa Foundation Award.