Deadline: December 30, 2017
Harambe Entrepreneur Alliance (HEA) is now accepting applications for the Oxford Skoll Scholar Program. The Skoll Scholarship provides full funding and a living stipend to complete a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) at the University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School. The programme is supported by the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, which is embedded within Oxford Saïd and is funded by the Skoll Foundation.
The Skoll Scholarship is intended for those who have started a social venture / initiative or pursued an impact career that focuses on a specific social or environmental challenge. It is an opportunity for recipients to improve their knowledge of market oriented practices so they can be more effective in their subsequent social change pursuits.
The Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship is a social impact centre within Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. Founded in 2003 with a generous grant from the Skoll Foundation, the Skoll Centre’s mission is to accelerate the impact of ‘entrepreneuring’ activity that aims to transform unjust or unsatisfactory systems and practices. It does this by:
- developing talent and emerging leadership
- supporting actionable insight through research
- catalysing deep exchanges with a global community of innovator
- Full tuition and 8,000 GBP living stipend to pursue the MBA programme at Saïd Business School at the University of Oxford
- Receive exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought-leaders and investors
- Become a member of the Skoll Scholar Community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and system change
- Access to Harambeans, mentors, Angel & VC funds, pro bono legal services, fellowships and corporate internships
- Invitation to Harambe Bretton Woods Symposium and intimate sessions with influential private and public sector leaders around the world
- Candidates must have spent preferably at least 3 years either:
- starting and growing a social venture; – OR
- leading a major expansion of an existing social venture or programme within an organisation; – OR
- pursuing positive change as an impact career professional, i.e. someone who has used entrepreneurial approaches to address the same social/environmental issue, with a clear core thread that unites his/her work.
- Candidates will have used entrepreneurial approaches to identify opportunities, taken action to positively shift the status quo, and produced proven impact that contributes to rectifying unjust systems and practices in their chosen area of work.
- Candidates must demonstrate evidence of personal qualities strongly resonating with entrepreneurial leadership.
- Candidates must demonstrate how a business education can contribute to the wider development of their work and help them amplify their impact.
- Candidates must demonstrate some evidence of their need for the Scholarship.
Candidates must apply and be admitted to both Harambe and Saïd Business School. Candidates must also apply separately for the Skoll Scholarship after being admitted onto the Oxford MBA programme.
- December 30, 2017 – Candidates must complete online HEA Application
- January 5, 2018 – Candidates must complete online Saïd Business School MBA Application during stages 1 or 2.
- March 25, 2018 – Candidates must apply for the Skoll Scholarship if invited by the Skoll Centre
- June 20, 2018 – Skoll Scholarship recipients will receive notification
For more information, visit Harambe Entrepreneur Alliance.