Deadline: January 15, 2018
The 2018 African Youth Energy Innovator Showcase is now open for submissions. Through the Innovator Showcase, Africa Energy Indaba is committed to empowering talented young Africans by allowing them to be seen by the industry experts and energy decision makers. Africa Energy Indaba wants to encourage empowerment and help find solutions to energy problems in Africa. They want to foster inspirational and innovative thinking, starting with the talented youth in Africa.
Are you Africa’s next youth energy innovator? Enter your energy innovation for a chance to win.
- The winner will receive the Best Innovator Award and will be recognized at the Africa Energy Indaba 2018 in Johannesburg.
- The winner and the 4 runners-up will each receive an all-inclusive ticket to attend the Africa Energy Indaba 2018 and showcase their innovations in a 2-day exhibition. This will provide the following benefits:
- Publicity and exposure of the winning innovations to local and international market opportunities
- Access to exclusive Business Matchmaking networking program to meet with potential investors
- Opportunity to meet key public and private sector stakeholders
- The possibility of attracting funding or sponsorship
- Open to Individuals who are between 18 to 35 years old;
- Applicants should have citizenship to any country in Africa
Your innovation should address these key areas:
- Energy Security: Can your innovation help with effective management of energy supply, reliability of energy infrastructure, or meet a specific set of current and future demands?
- Environmental Sustainability: Does your innovation provide clean renewable or low carbon supply energy?
- Energy Equity: Can your innovation improve accessibility and affordability of energy in Africa?
- Job creation: Could your innovation create jobs?
- Target customers: Who is the innovation going to benefit? For example Utilites / Rural communities / Corporates etc.?
- Customer value: What are the key benefits of your innovation to customers?
- Your unique value proposition: How will you differentiate and position yourself?
For more information, visit African Youth Energy Innovator.