Deadline: January 30, 2018
The Qatar Foundation is now accepting applications and nominations for the 2018 WISE Awards. The 2018 WISE Awards will identify, celebrate, and promote six innovative projects for their positive contribution to education and society. The Awards highlight initiatives found to be most creative and effective in finding solutions to education challenges at any level and in all environments. In bringing forward these models, WISE is helping build a network of recognized change-makers to inspire transformation and innovation in education.
Each year, the WISE Awards recognizes and promotes six innovative projects that are addressing global education challenges and transforming communities. The selected projects are models of excellence that serve as an inspiration for others to improve education through innovation and creative action.
Fifteen Finalists will be selected by Qatar Foundation. Each WISE Awards winning project will receive $20,000 (US), and will benefit from increased public interest through media exposure and other channels.
The WISE Awards is not a grant scheme aimed at supporting projects, nor is it intended to be a source of funding for new and untried ideas. Any such applications or nominations will not be considered.
Representatives of projects are invited to submit applications to demonstrate the nature and reach of their activities. Nominations of projects are also invited. Past winning projects have addressed a wide range of concerns and pursuits, including access to quality education, life-long learning opportunities, and education in emergency contexts.
- The WISE Awards recognizes innovative educational projects that have already demonstrated a transformative impact on individuals, communities and society.
- The ideal project would be an ongoing, innovative and impactful education initiative that:
- Has an excellent record of proven success
- Is financially sustainable
- Has a clear plan for the project’s future objectives and development
- Is scalable – Is replicable in other contexts and regions of the world
- Has a clear understanding and knowledge of:
- its innovative nature;
- its distinctiveness within its sphere of action, and;
- the type and depth of its impact on its beneficiaries.
- Only one application can be submitted for a single educational activity or project.
- All applications and nominations should be completed on the official form in English.
You apply for a WISE Awards on behalf of your own project, or to nominate another project for the WISE Award.
- Complete the application/nomination form in English as clearly as possible
- Be precise in your responses; provide evidence and concrete examples
- Numbers and data should be up-to-date and supported by verifiable evidence
- In case of an application form, include contact details of two valid supporters
- Provide real-life examples of beneficiaries when applicable
In order for the application/nomination form to be considered your submission must:
- Be entered into the official form on the online system (curriculum vita or other forms of documents will not be considered)
- Be complete and accurate
- Be submitted in English
- Be submitted online by the official deadline here.
- In the case of an application, the form must include the contact details of two supporters (e.g. former donors, local governments, other NGOs, etc.)
Eligible applications and nominations will be evaluated by a Pre-jury according to the guidelines. Fifteen Finalists will be selected by Qatar Foundation; a Jury will make the final selection of six winning projects.
Contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
For more information, visit WISE Awards.