CERN Summer Programme 2018 for High-school Students Worldwide – Geneva, Switzerland (Fully-funded)
Deadline: February 5, 2018
CERN invites applications from high school students from around the world to apply for the S’Cool LAB Summer Camp. In the Summer of 2018, CERN will offer several residential programmes for high-school students and their teachers. These summer programmes offer the unique chance to explore the fascinating world of particle physics through lectures, on-site visits, hands-on workshops, and ample opportunities to interact with CERN’s scientific community. The programmes will be delivered entirely in English and are open for participants from around the world.
About the Programme
The S’Cool LAB Summer CAMP is an opportunity for high-school students (aged 16 and above) from all around the world to explore the fascinating world of particle physics. The selected 30 students will spend almost 2 weeks of their summer at S’Cool LAB, CERN’s hands-on particle physics learning laboratory, for an epic programme of lectures and tutorials, their own team research projects and visits of CERN’s research installations. The second S’Cool LAB Summer CAMP will take place from 24 July to 4 August 2018.
The programme will be free of charge for selected candidates: Travel expenses, accommodation in double rooms in the CERN Hotel and meals will be covered by CERN.
- have a passion for and strong ability in physics and mathematics as reflected in high school course grades and extracurricular activities.
- be currently in the final two years of secondary school and have not yet begun full-time studies at a post-secondary institution.
- be very motivated to attend the summer camp and be able to enjoy the international atmosphere and an English speaking work environment.
- Find out how to apply here.
- Do you have a question about the application form, about the required files, or about the selection process? Check our FAQs.
For more information, visit CERN S’Cool Lab Summer Camp.