Deadline: January 23, 2018
Johnson & Johnson Innovation invites entries for the Lab Coat of the Future Challenge. They are looking for innovators, entrepreneurs & designers with the best ideas, tech, or solutions to re-imagine the lab coat of the future!
While science impacts our daily lives in countless ways, many do not appreciate the value that scientific innovation brings to society, and how it permeates our everyday lives. Science is often considered complex and shrouded in mystery. As champions of science, Johnson & Johnson Innovation aims to raise awareness and foster dialogue around the impact of scientific innovation and its role in our society. They focus on accelerating all stages of innovation worldwide and forming collaborations between entrepreneurs and Johnson & Johnson’s global healthcare businesses.
The Lab Coat of the Future Challenge – the first in the Champions of Science “What’s New?” QuickFire Challenge series – will kick-off on October 30, 2017 and run through January 23, 2018. Participants will be invited to transform the age-old, often stereotyped symbol of science – the white lab coat – into a symbol of breakthrough innovation in the 21st century. World renowned entrepreneur and Shark on ABC’s four-time Emmy Award winning series, Shark Tank, Daymond John will serve as a judge at a live event in March 2018.
- $50,000 in grants
- Mentorship from Johnson & Johnson Innovation
- Mentorship from the design community
- Potential for thirty copies of winning design to be produced and placed for display at JLABS locations around the globe, depending on feasibility
- Open to innovators, entrepreneurs & designers with the best ideas, tech, or solutions to re-imagine the lab coat of the future in the following areas:
- Incorporation of new solutions (i.e., wearable technologies)
Solutions will be evaluated by a panel of reviewers and judges on their ability to meet the following criteria:
- Potential Impact
- Perceived Commercialization Potential
- Quality of Team and Resources
- Plan for use of funds
You can setup an account at http:// jnjawards.fluidreview.com. You are able to save your work and log back in to finish at a later time if needed.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
For more information, visit JJI Lab Coat of the Future Challenge.