Deadline: May 11, 2018
The Commonwealth Eye Health Consortium is offering scholarships for people from low- or middle-income to study for a Masters in Public Health for Eye Care in the United Kingdom. To support the training of eye health professionals with strong public health skills, they are offering scholarships for candidates from low- and middle-income Commonwealth countries who have been accepted to study for a Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), United Kingdom.
The Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a well-established course that aims to train leaders in prevention of blindness and to strengthen research and academic capacity for eye care programmes and training facilities, particularly in low- and middle-income countries. The course provides eye health professionals with the public health knowledge and skills required to reduce blindness and visual disability in their population.
The Commonwealth Eye Health Consortium is a group of expert organisations working together to deliver a five-year programme of fellowships, research and technology to strengthen eye health systems across the Commonwealth.
Several scholarships are awarded each year. Each scholarship covers the following:
- all course fees
- two return flights
- dissertation project fund
- living costs
- accommodation with food at the International Students House in Central London.
- You must come from a low- or middle-income Commonwealth country to apply.
- You must meet the Eligibility criteria for MSc PHEC Scholarships
- Apply to the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine for a place on the course:
– For new applicants: LSHTM online application system is open for the 2018/19 academic year now. Apply here.
– For those who have been accepted from 2017/18: if you have applied and been accepted to the 2017/18 academic year you must request to “be reconsidered” for the 2018/19 academic year. Please contact the LSHTM Registry to be asked to “be reconsidered for 2018/19”
- Once you have received an offer from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine here: CEHC 2018.19 – MSc Scholarships Application.
For more information, visit CEHC Masters Scholarships.