ROTA’s 10th Annual Youth Conference: Empower 2018 – Doha, Qatar (Sponsorship Available)
Deadline: January 6, 2018
Applications are invited for participation in ROTA’s 10th Annual Youth Conference: Empower 2018 taking place 15th to 17th March 2018 at the Hamad Bin Khalifa University – Student Center Education City (TBC) in Qatar. Every year the conference intends to create a platform for a larger number of students to learn and engage in ROTA’s youth development program. The theme of the conference is Youth and Effective Citizenship.
The three days event includes a combination of seminar panel discussion, keynote speeches, small group workshops, seminars, off-site activities, exhibition, social programme and youth artistic expression. Since 2009, EMPOWER has developed a reputation for being the first youth led conference to focus on equipping young people in Qatar to take active roles in building their communities and having a voice on global issues.
The program will aim to attract up to 450 young people between the ages of 16-32 including international participants. The main aim of the 3 days conference is to raise awareness and knowledge as well as build the capacities required to enable young people to take leadership roles in addressing local and international developmental issues of concern to them especially in the area related to the theme of each year’s conference.
The Conference Objectives are to:
- Promote better understanding of youth leadership, service learning and greater awareness of global issues among 450 youth between the ages of 16-32 in Qatar and the region.
- Provide opportunities for 450 youth to develop their skills, knowledge and attitudes to take on leadership roles which support ROTA strategies.
- Create a platform for 450 youth to discover their voice and realize their ability to make a positive contribution in society to support Qatar 2030 on youth development.
- Facilitate a forum for exchange of ideas, projects and reflections that address local needs and global issues.
- Awareness creation on the EMPOWER theme.
Type of provided sponsorship:
- Full Sponsorship includes: Flight, Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference programme only.
- Partial Sponsorship includes: Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference programme only.
Only few selected International participants will be provided full sponsorship and others semi sponsorship based on their regional status and application evaluation.
Participation Certificates shall be granted by the end of day 3 via e-mail after the closing ceremony with the confirmation of full attendance of all sessions and the completion of all required surveys only. (Soft copies only not printed)
- Open to young people between the ages of 18-32 including international participants
- A maximum of 70 seats will be provided to International participants for this event.
- Please download the Code of Conduct before completing this applications as you need to upload the completed copy and submit it with your application.
- All selected participants are required to sign a Code of Conduct in order to issue their visa applications which must be complete in clear hand writing and uploaded on this application. Original copy of the Code of Conduct must be submitted by hand on the first day of the conference to the registration team.
- After the screening of the applications the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via e-mail starting from 9 January 2018.
Complete the online registration form here.
For more information, visit Empower 2018.