Apply now: World Bank Paid Summer Internship 2018
Deadline: January 31, 2018
Applications are now open for the 2018 Summer World Bank Internship. The Bank Internship offers highly motivated and successful individuals an opportunity to improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting. The purpose of the Internship is to provide graduate students with a chance to gain exposure to the work of the World Bank Group in the hopes that some will be interested in returning to the Bank for a career after completing their studies
This Internship typically seeks candidates in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, and other related fields.
The World Bank Group Internship is offered during two seasons:
- Summer Internship (June–September): The application period is December 1–January 31 each year.
- Winter Internship (December–March): The application period is October 1-31 each year.
The Bank pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations. Most positions are in Washington, DC; others are in country offices. They are a minimum of four weeks long.
To be eligible for an Internship,
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time).
- Successful candidates have usually completed their first year of graduate studies or are into their PhD programs.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
All applications must be submitted online. (Applications submitted after the deadline are not considered.)
Please click here to apply.
For more information, visit World Bank Summer Internship.