Aid & Development Africa Summit 2018 – Innovator Of The Year Award (Fully funded to Kenya)
Deadline: December 31, 2017
The Aid & International Development Forum is currently accepting nominations for the Innovator of the Year Award. This competition celebrates individuals as well as teams who have introduced game-changing initiatives, created research or inventions that have made an impact on the humanitarian aid and development sectors in Africa over the past year.
The aim is to recognise individuals for their inspiring leadership, forward thinking, creative problem-solving and implementation of innovative programmes that have helped drive Africa’s progress towards Sustainable Development Goals. The winner of the award will be announced on 28 February 2018 at the 3rd annual Aid & Development Africa Summit in Nairobi, Kenya.
The winners will benefit from extensive media coverage and industry recognition for their achievements in humanitarian aid and development in Africa. The recipient will be awarded with the following:
- A crystal award at the Aid & Development Africa Summit 2018
- Free registration for the Aid & Development Africa Summit 2019
- A press release announcing the winner will be published on aidforum.org as well as event website africa.aidforum.org with details of the winner’s initiatives, research or inventions that made an impact on the humanitarian aid and development sectors in Africa over the past year
- Social media endorsements by AIDF
- Nominations are open to individuals who work for UN and government agencies, NGOs, donors, development banks, Red Cross and the private sector active within the humanitarian aid and development sector in Africa
- An award can be based on the work of a team, but needs to contain a name of the team leader i.e. nominee, who will accept the award on the team’s behalf
- Self-nominations are allowed
- Please obtain the nominee’s consent to participate in this awards program
- There is no submission fee, however if you are entering a nomination, please ensure that you complete all required fields of the nomination form
- Inspired innovation: nominees should exhibit a thoughtful, creative and innovative approach to resolving humanitarian and development challenges in Africa over the past year
- Proven impact: the initiatives, research or inventions that nominees have introduced or implemented should demonstrate a positive impact on solving humanitarian aid and development challenges in Africa
- Building on success: nominees should be looking to enhance and grow the impact of their initiatives, research or inventions to accelerate Africa’s progress towards Sustainable Development Goals, including future plans to take their idea to the next level
- If your nominee is shortlisted they should be prepared to attend the awards ceremony on 28 February 2018 at the Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya
Otherwise, click here to apply online.
For more information, visit Aid & Development Africa Summit Award.