Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship Program 2019 – Tokyo, Japan (Fully-funded)
Deadline: August 31, 2018
Calling researchers and scholars. Matsumae International Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2019 MIF Research Fellowship Program. The fellowship aims to open a path to peace and prosperity on the basis of mutual understanding by bringing together active young research workers of outstanding character to Japan. By deepening their understanding of Japan, and establishing links of trust and friendship, the Foundation seeks to make a real contribution to permanent peace throughout the world.
Applicants indicate the period of Fellowship with the length of stay needed for the Research Project (Application Document #2) between 3 to 6 months, and commencing month and ending month between April 2019 and March 2020. (e.g. 5 months from June 2019 to October 2019) MIF plans to invite about 20 researchers/scholars.
Fields of Research
Fields of research such as natural science, engineering and medicine are considered with first priorities
Stipend for research and stay, Insurance, Air transportation (a round-trip air ticket to/from Tokyo) and Lump sum on arrival.
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to submit the required application documents.
- Applicants must obtain a Letter of Invitation from host institutions in Japan.
- Applicants must hold a PH.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by MIF as possessing equivalent academic qualifications.
- Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when documents are submitted.
- Applicants must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages.
- Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan. (Except for short-term stay. E.g. sightseeing, conferences)
- Applicants should be in employment in their home countries, and must return to their countries upon completion of their MIF fellowship tenure.
- Applicants must be of sound health.
Applicants are free to select host institutions (universities, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities in private sector) in which to carry out their research. However, applicants are reminded that they are obliged to obtain acceptance from such host institutions prior to submitting their applications. MIF is not in a position to give advice or recommendation to an applicant for a host institution in Japan.
Application must be received by MIF by 17:00 on August 31, 2018 (Japan Standard Time). Application will not be accepted in any reason after the deadline date.
For more information, visit Matsumae International Foundation.