Deadline: December 10, 2017
Applications are accepted for the 21stAsia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) Summer University (ASEFSU) taking place 27 January – 10 February 2018 in Melbourne (Australia) & Christchurch (New Zealand). This is a 2-week experiential learning journey and “Interdisciplinary Innovathon” for Asian and European students and young professionals. Designed to foster cross-cultural exchanges and networks among youth, it offers opportunities for students and young professionals to broaden their horizons, deepen their knowledge on contemporary issues, and propose concrete solutions to societal challenges.
ASEFSU21 will be conducted under the theme “Youth with Disabilities: Shaping Inclusive ASEM Societies” and it consists of a mix of practical team exercises, thought-provoking lectures, group research and experiential learning. Participants will develop a strong understanding for the issues faced by youth with disabilities and become active ambassadors for open and inclusive ASEM societies.
The ASEFSU21 will cover 8 thematic areas:
- Rights Protection and Legislation
- Economic Security and Employment
- Inclusive Education
- Health and Well-Being
- Participation in Society
- Access to Information
- Attitudes and Perceptions
The ASEFSU21 will consist of 3 phases:
- Phase 1: Online Preparatory phase (ca. 2 weeks) – In this phase you will actively take part in an online preparatory phase to familiarise with the topics of the project. This phase will kick-start your preparations for the upcoming on-site phase and will require a couple of hours of work per week..
- Phase 2: “Interdisciplinary Innovathon” in Australia and New Zealand (ca. 2 weeks) – The on-site phase will be filled with active training sessions, quality lectures and exciting study visits where the participants will discover and deepen their knowledge on the shaping of inclusive ASEM societies.
- Phase 3: 4-week Online Post-project Phase and Spin-off activities – All prototypes developed on site – analogue and digital – will be analysed and tested after the project by the relevant stakeholders and communities engaged.
No registration or participation fee. The organisers will provide participants with travel subsidy, accommodation and meals.
- Citizen of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partner countries
- Students, entrepreneurs, academics and professionals – all between the ages of 18 and 30
- Strong command of English (verbal and written)
- Individuals with & without disabilities (open for all to apply)
Challenge yourself in shaping inclusive socities at the ASEFSU21 in Australia and New Zealand.
Got questions? Get in touch with the team at [email protected].
For more information, visit 21st ASEF Summer University.