Apply for PeaceTech Accelerator 2018 in Washington DC, USA
Deadline: Rolling Basis
Applications are invited from startups and not-for-profits working in PeaceTech for the new Washington DC-based accelerator. PeaceTech Accelerator is the first major international PeaceTech program powered by cloud innovation and dedicated to scaling start-ups around the world. It provides the mentorship and training needed to scale both for- and not-for-profit PeaceTech initiatives rapidly, securely, and cost-effectively. The Accelerator, which is housed at the United States Institute of Peace, is a partnership between C5, PeaceTech Lab, SAP NS2 and Amazon Web Services.
Applications are open on a rolling basis. The next 8-week program will begin in January and will culminate in an opportunity for PeaceTech startups to pitch potential investors. Participating startups receive up to $50K in AWS credit. Financial and visa assistance available.
Do you know a startup, business, government or nonprofit using technology to fight corruption? Nominate them for Shield in the Cloud before December 15th! The winner will receive AWS cloud credits & granted a spot in the PeaceTech Accelerator.
Selected start-ups will send 2/3 team members including the founder(s) and tech lead to attend the full program in Washington, D.C. The Accelerator will run an eight-week program of intensive mentorship focusing on all aspects of scaling up, especially in the use of “cloud” capabilities.
Selected companies/organizations will receive:
- Up to $50,000 Amazon Web Services cloud credits
- $15,000 funding in return for equity for eligible companies, at their election
- The opportunity to pitch to potential investors
- Free office space for the duration of the program
- Entry into our participant alumni network
- Access to our international network of mentors and business leaders
Applicants should be working on new technologies designed to promote and scale PeaceTech. Priority is given to the tools that help individuals and communities on the frontlines of conflict save lives or contain violence before it spreads.
They’re looking for:
- Start-ups that are designing, developing and using new and innovative technologies to help to bring about the end of violent conflict and promote sustainable peace.
- Applicants must have an MVP in place with some revenue generation (this can include boot-strapping)
- Selected start-ups will send 2/3 team members including the founder(s) and tech lead to attend the full program in Washington, D.C.
- Applications from both for-profit and non-profit startups from around the world.
- For-profit: must have successfully completed a seed funding round and/or have $50,000 in revenue.
- Product/service solutions must be able to scale on the cloud.
They have a particular focus on the following areas:
- Integrity, accountability and governance
- Countering violent extremism
- Managing resource scarcity
- Cybersecurity for stability and peacekeeping
- Veteran rehabilitation and Disarmament, Demobilisation and Reintegration (DDR) in post conflict countries.
- Refugee protection and care
- Preventing gender violence
For-profit applicant companies must:
- Be incorporated
- Have successfully closed seed funding rounds
- Have a a cohesive team
- Have a well-developed business plan
- Be able to scale on the cloud
- Must be registered
- Have at least $50,000 (USD) in revenues, grants etc
- Have a cohesive team
- Be able to scale on the cloud.
Applications are open on a rolling basis.
Want a guaranteed spot at the Accelerator Program? Apply for Shield in the Cloud Innovation Challenge instead.
For more information, visit PeaceTech Accelerator.