Inclusive Friends Association (IFA) is hiring a Finance Officer in Nigeria
Deadline: January 5, 2018
Inclusive Friends Association (IFA) is looking for a Finance Officer in Nigeria. The objective of this role is to undertake all accounting and financial reporting requirements of projects in Inclusive Friends Association (IFA) to achieve or meet our organizational goal. The Finance Officer will perform a wide range of complex professional accounting duties in the analysis, preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports, and will perform related duties as assigned.
The Inclusive Friends Association (IFA) is a non-profit organization for and by Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) that works to bring issues related to disability to the forefront of national development through advocacy, training and action. Located in Plateau State, Nigeria, the organization is an offshoot of the 2 year reign of the former Ms Wheelchair Nigeria queen, Grace Jerry and her team.
IFA is a PWD led and focused organization with vast experience in implementing democratic governance and sanitation programs. IFA has been part of a consortium that conducted Nigeria’s first and second ever polling unit accessibility audits (2016 Edo and Ondo governorship elections) and understands the need and methods of reaching and working with PWDs. IFA has a young and determined team that always look forward to meeting people and working out innovative means to create access for PWDs in Nigeria.
They envision a world where persons with disabilities are supported to live fulfilled lives in their communities.
Location: Rayfield, Jos-Plateau state, Nigeria
Nature: May need to travel occasionally regarding project’s needs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Access and working space is provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An employee works under typical office conditions, and the noise level is usually quiet.
Job Duties and responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
- Preparing and checking vouchers and journal entries in line with project requirements
- Maintaining Bank transactions
- Disbursing checks to project’s vendors and partners
- Maintaining voucher file for bank payment/ receipt, journal and others
- Perform financial analysis, reporting and management activities.
- Ensuring statutory deductions at source and advance payment of these deductions and safe keeping.
- Monitor and manage all expense within the IFA.
- Create and maintain financial models to achieve set goals.
- Monitoring expenditure process in accordance with IFA’s financial policy and procedures.
- Ensure the authenticity of project’s financial transactions
- Prepare and submit monthly financial report and expense report to management / donor(s).
- Maintain integrity and confidentiality of all financial transactions of IFA
- Field visit for financial monitoring as / when needed.
- Develop and submit a quarterly finance plan to senior management for approvals.
Understand finance team through regular interaction and recommend areas of improvements to the management.
- At least a bachelor degree / HND in Accounting/ Finance or Business Administration/
- Have proven minimum financial management experience of a of 2 years in the Private or Public Sector.
- Experience in overseeing financial and accounting systems, compliance reviews, audits, financial control reporting, and or risk management.
- Experience in managing grants from development partners will be an added advantage.
- Have working knowledge of the Ms Excel system and QuickBooks.
- Have practical knowledge of computer systems including internet navigation and various Microsoft Office applications.
- Possesses good communications and negotiation skills
- Be able to work under pressure and attend to any ad hoc functions as may be required
- Be a team player
- Be a strategic thinkerBe self – driven and able to work within tight deadlines.
- Have sound leadership and management skills
- Download the application form here.
- Fill and submit your application with credentials to [email protected].
For more information, visit Inclusive Friends Association (currently unavailable).