MEST Entrepreneurs-in-Training Program 2018 (Fully-funded to Accra, Ghana)
Deadline: February 15, 2018
Applications are now open for the 2018 MEST Entrepreneurs-in-Training Program in Accra, Ghana. The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is looking for the next cohort of Entrepreneurs-in-Training to join its fully-sponsored 1-year training program in 2018! It offers graduate-level entrepreneurial training in business, communications and software development, including extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed funding.
Since its inception, MEST has invested over $20million in training over 400 individual entrepreneurs and 40+ software companies across Africa. MEST entrepreneurs have developed solutions addressing local, regional and global markets, received follow-on funding from global investors, and been admitted to top accelerator programs such as Y-combinator, 500 startups and TechStars.
After completion of the program, the EITs have the opportunity to pitch a concept. Winning teams receive a seed round from the MEST incubator to pursue their idea.
- A 12 month fully sponsored world class training in global commercial software development
- Substantial hands on training in software development
- A unique opportunity to launch and grow your tech company with access to global markets
- Mentoring and coaching from executives in a variety of global software companies
- Significant personal and professional growth and exciting career potential
- Numerous chances to solve real life business problems with innovative solutions
- Housing, monthly stipend, tuition and meals all covered by MEST.
- Round trip tickets to & from Ghana for all finalists
- Incubation facilities & Access to seed funding for your startup upon the completion of the 12 month program
Here’s what MEST is looking for:
- A deep passion to start a software company
- Proven record of entrepreneurial and/or corporate work experience
- Strong social and communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Proven academic excellence
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self-motivation
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- An energetic, positive attitude and ability to work well in a team
- Ability to commit a year in Accra, Ghana participating in the training program starting August 2018
Successful applicants have the following:
- A deep passion for starting a software company
- Entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- A degree from a top University or Technical College (or equivalent experience)
Apply to join the next cohort of entrepreneurs at our campus in Accra, Ghana. Start your application here.
For further enquiries, contact email@example.com.
For more information, visit MEST Entrepreneurs-in-Training Program.