Hike & Cycle Nature-Saving Scholarship for Students 2018
Deadline: March 11, 2018
The Hike & Cycle Scholarship through the Nature-Saving Rules contest is now open. The Nature-Saving Rules Contest is a unique chance to help the nature and win an award using only your writing skills. Twice a year, Hike&Cycle holds a competition to award the best writers who support a responsible approach to outdoor activities!
The Hike & Cycle Scholarship is all about raising environmental awareness among youth by giving them a solid incentive in the form of a scholarship. What they are trying to achieve here is to make more people understand that the environment is in dire need of their attention and help.
Thousands of watersheds, parks, trails, and forests are suffering from environmental issues. But guess what? Today you have a unique chance to help nature conservancy without ever leaving your house—and you may even win an award! They are excited to give you the opportunity to win a $1,000 or $500 scholarship using only your writing skills.
- The first place winner will get $1,000 and the second place, $500. Note: each participant may send in only one submission and win only one award.
- We use student-generated content to write articles and make infographics on various topics concerning the environment. Your contribution will help raise awareness among people reading our blog posts!
- The best authors can count on their writing being published on our blog. Naturally, that means our readers will see your name!
- Winners will receive individual certificates from HikeAndCycle.com.
On April 27, 2018, HikeAndCycle.com will publish the list of winners. Once proof of enrollment has been provided, the two winners will receive their awards. If the winner does not provide that proof, the award will be given to another suitable participant.
- You must be currently enrolled in high school, university, or college. Applications from all countries are accepted.
- You must create an original list of nature-saving rules (according to the requirements listed below).
- The winners will be required to send us proof of their educational status.
Prepare a list of nature-saving rules on one of the following subjects:
- The Nature-Saving Rules of Responsible Camping
- How Hikers Can Make Sure That They Don’t Hurt Wildlife
- Recommendations for Responsible Behavior Near Bodies of Water
You’re free to focus on a specific outdoor activity (climbing, cycling, kayaking, etc.) or write more generally.
- Make up a creative, catchy title that reflects your ideas.
- Share the scholarship post on social media using Google+, Twitter, and Facebook. The links to the shared post must be sent along with your application.
- Send your list and all necessary links to [email protected].
By sending us your application, you confirm that you understand the rules of participation and that you are willing to accept the decision of the judges.
They have a special panel of skillful writers and editors with significant experience in hiking, camping, and various outdoor activities. These judges will evaluate your work based on these requirements:
- Usefulness. Make sure that your advice can be practically implemented and is helpful. (40 points)
- Originality. The more daring and unorthodox your ideas are, the greater your chances of winning! (30 points)
- Clarity. Your work should get straight to the point without unnecessary digressions. (30 points)
- Your work must be structured in the form of a list and must be directly connected to one of the three given topics.
- Your list must:
- Be written in English
- Include five to ten rules
- Be no longer than 400 words
- Be 100% plagiarism-free (see details at Wikipedia.org)
- Have a file name of “Nature_Scholarship_First Name_Last Name”
- Be sent in .doc or .docx format
- Be submitted within the deadline
- Your list must be shared on social media.
If you have some unorthodox or groundbreaking ideas, you should definitely give this contest a try!
Send in your scholarship application to: [email protected]
For more information, visit Hike & Cycle Nature-Saving Scholarship.