Nikon Storytellers Scholarship Program 2018 for Students in United States and Canada
Deadline: March 1, 2018
The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship supports the next generation of visual content creators. In celebration of their 100th Anniversary, Nikon is giving out $100,000 in academic scholarships to the next generation of storytellers.
The Scholarship is open to undergraduate and graduate students at an accredited, non-profit college/university or vocational/technical school in the United States or Canada pursuing degrees in visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography and multimedia/content creation who will have completed their freshman year of college or academic equivalent before Fall 2018.
Eligible students can apply to be one of ten individuals awarded with an academic scholarship of $10,000 USD, to help foster their growth and pursue careers in creative fields. Semi-finalists will be invited to submit a portfolio of images or brief video for consideration by a selection committee who will determine the ten winning applicants. Scholarships will be awarded for use in the 2018-2019 academic school year.
Nikon, At the Heart of the Image™. Nikon Inc. is a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology; globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for an award-winning array of equipment that enables users to tell their stories through amazing photos and videos. In celebration of their 100th Anniversary, they’re giving out $100,000 in academic scholarships to the next generation of storytellers.
You must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to receive The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship:
- You must be an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited, non-profit college/university or vocational/technical school in the United States or Canada.
- You must complete your freshman year of college or academic equivalent before Fall 2018.
- You must be majoring in visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography, or multimedia/content creation.
- You must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average at time of application.
- You will need to provide a recommendation from a professor, teacher or academic advisor.
If you are selected as a semi-finalist, you will be asked to provide a photo portfolio or video submission, description of photo/video submission and copy of academic transcript.
- Click the “Apply Now” button (below) or go to https://aim.applyISTS.net/Nikon (program key Nikon) to create an AIM account using your e-mail address and chosen password.
- Log into your AIM account to be taken directly to The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship application.
- Complete all required fields in the online application and upload any required documents (e.g. recommendation letter).
- Click the Submit button on the Save/Submit page of the online application.
For more information, visit Nikon Storytellers Scholarship.