Summer Leadership Program 2018 – Paid Internship Opportunity in Ottawa, Canada
Deadline: January 15, 2018
Applications are open for the Summer Leadership Program (SLP). This is a four month unique internship opportunity developed to invest in the future success of young people from across Canada. The program gives young people an opportunity to contribute to Prime Minister Trudeau’s team while gaining vital job experience serving in the offices of Members of Parliament, Ministers’ Offices, The Prime Minister’s Office and the Liberal Research Bureau.
The SLP 2018 internship has been designed to develop learning objectives that are structured into the experience and guided by supervising political staff. The aim of the program is to balance the participants learning experience with the goals and responsibilities they are assigned in their respective office. Although each office will have a slightly different job description, we’re committed to providing participants with a meaningful learning experience where they will be able to learn, grow, and connect alongside other emerging young leaders who are passionate about our government’s agenda.
Type: This is a full-time paid position
Location: Internship opportunities will be primarily based in Ottawa. Certain internship opportunities will be split by serving two months in Ottawa and two months in the Constituency Office of a Member of Parliament.
Program Dates: April 30, 2018 – August 24, 2018
- Learn: Take on challenges and meaningful work assignments while learning about the political process from some of the best in the country.
- Grow: Engage and participate in weekly educational and inspiring SLP Speaker Series geared towards your professional development and enriching your political, government, and parliamentary knowledge.
- Connect: Form connections with diverse nationwide interns, experienced political staff across government and Parliamentarians to build your professional network.
Candidates should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Have fluent proficiency in at least one official language (English or French)
- Have completed High School (program begins on April 30th)
- Able to travel and relocate to Ottawa for four months of the summer
You can reach the Summer Leadership Program team at email@example.com.
For more information, visit Summer Leadership Program.