Deadline: January 31, 2018
Nominations are now open for the Junior Chamber International Ten Outstanding Young Persons (JCI TOYP) in Nigeria for 2018. There are many people doing great things. Do you know such a person? Nominate them for the JCI TOYP of Nigeria award. The award recognizes and celebrates the next generation of young leaders.
Junior Chamber International Ten Outstanding Young Persons (JCI TOYP) programme serves to formally recognize young people who excel in their chosen fields and create positive change. By recognizing these young people, JCI raises the status of socially responsible leaders in this world. The honourees motivate their peers to seek excellence and serve others. Their stories of discovery, determination and ingenuity inspire young people to be better leaders and create better societies.
Since 1983, JCI has honoured over 200 individuals from over 50 nations. Past recipients of national awards include such well-known personalities as John F. Kennedy, Henry Kissinger, Elvis Presley, Jackie Chan, Wayne Gretzky and many more, all named before the age of 40 and before they had achieved national prominence. Honourees selected in past years have represented the heights of progress in numerous human endeavors. Many have gone on to even greater achievements. All have continued to serve humanity in a great variety of ways.
Young men and women may be nominated in one of ten categories. The honourees will be selected by a panel of distinguished judges. Up to ten honourees will be selected from all nominations received.
Each nominee must be entered in one (1) of the following ten (10) categories:
- Business, economic and 0r/entrepreneurial accomplishment.
- Political, legal and/or accomplishment.
- Academic leadership and/or accomplishment.
- Cultural achievement.
- Moral and/or environmental accomplishment.
- Contribution to child, world peace and/or human rights.
- Humanitarian and/or voluntary leadership.
- Scientific and/or technological development.
- Personal improvement and/or accomplishment
- Medical innovation.
- Nominees must be within the ages of 18 and 40. Nominees born before January 1 of the preceding year are not eligible for JCI TOYP.
- The nominee must be a native-born or naturalized citizen of the nation from which the nomination originates, or must have applied for citizenship by January 1 of the preceding year.
Nominees are often submitted through the Junior Chamber organizations in their home countries. Each national organization typically has a Ten Outstanding Young Persons program, which recognizes young people who exemplify the best attributes of that country’s young people
All nominations must be online using the online nomination form available on the website. Nominations forwarded in any other format will be disqualified. Remember that the nominations must be submitted online by the deadline in order to qualify.
For other countries, please check with your JCI National Chapter for Procedure.
For Nigeria, submit your nominations here.
For more information, visit JCI TOYP Nigeria.