Deadline: March 21, 2018
Are you an African postgraduate student working on cassava? This call is for you. FUNAGIB offers three scholarships annually to postgraduate students working with cassava breeding. One of these is dedicated to an African student, while the other two are designated to Brazilians.
The foundation FUNAGIB was established in 2015 by its founder Nagib Nassar thanks to Kuwait KFAS (Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Science) Prize received by him in the same year.
Award amount: R $ 20,000 (twenty thousand reais – US $ 1.00 = R $ 3.2 more or less according to actual fluctuation), including air ticket.
- Open to African postgraduate students working on cassava
- Candidates for this scholarship should have completed their course credits and should be in phase of preparing their thesis.
- Major field of his study should be on cassava plant breeding.
Applicants must send by e-mail The Following documents:
- A recommendation letter from faculty or supervisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic history
- Statement by candidate endorsed by his supervisor declaring commitment of the student to five months of the research on cassava paraclinal chimera to improve the crop to be conducted in Brasilia, Brazil. This subject should be part of the final thesis.
Contact: Prof. Nagib Nassar (E-mail: [email protected] )
For more information, visit FUNAGIB Scholarship.