United Nations Information Service’s Graduate Study Programme 2018 – Geneva, Switzerland
Deadline: March 2, 2018
The United Nations Office at Geneva is now accepting applications for its United Nations Information Service 5th Graduate Study Programme. The Programme provides an opportunity for participants to deepen their understanding of the United Nations system through first-hand observation and study. The Graduate Study Programme is held at the United Nations Office at Geneva each year during the month of July.
Each year, as part of the educational outreach programmes undertaken by the United Nations, the Information Service at Geneva organizes the Graduate Study Programme. This seminar provides an opportunity for outstanding graduate and postgraduate students from all over the world to deepen their understanding of the principles, purposes and activities of the United Nations and its related agencies through first-hand observation and study at the United Nations Office at Geneva.
The 56th Graduate Study Programme will be held at the Palais des Nations from 2 to 13 July 2018. It will comprise lectures given by senior members of the United Nations and the Geneva-based specialized agencies. The GSP theme for 2018 will be: Human rights at a crossroads: where we stand in 2018. Participants will form working groups to study issues related to the various dimensions of this theme, under the guidance of United Nations experts. They will be provided with selected documents and publications on the theme under discussion.
Participation in the programme is free. The United Nations does not make any financial contribution towards the travel costs and residential expenses of participants.
Governments or universities may offer grants to selected candidates. Candidates should seek advice from their universities on this point.
- Open for outstanding graduate and postgraduate students from all over the world
- Participants must be enrolled in master’s or doctoral programs at the time of registration and must not engage in full-time professional activities.
- Students will be selected on the basis of their academic experience and motivation, with due regard to equitable geographical and gender distribution.
- The age limit for application is 32 years of age.
- Applications from those already employed full time professionally cannot be considered.
- The majority of the sessions will be held in English, therefore absolute fluency in English is essential. As several sessions will be held in French, solid working knowledge of French is also required.
If you are selected to participate, you must submit proof of medical insurance and a certificate of good health (both documents are only accepted in French or English ).
Students interested in the 2018 Graduate Study Programme must submit their application ONLINE until 2 March 2018. No applications will be accepted after this date.
The application form is to be filled in on their website, accompanied by a copy of the applicant’s passport, a letter of recommendation (in English or French only) from a university or governmental authority, proof of current enrolment (at the time of application) in a Master’s degree programme or a postgraduate degree programme (or equivalent) and university diplomas obtained.
Complete the application form.
For more information, visit UNIS Graduate Study Programme.