Apply for the Turkey Europe Future Forum 2018 (Funded)
Deadline: February 18, 2018
Applications are now accepted for the Turkey Europe Future Forum 2018. The Turkey Europe Future Forum is a project of Stiftung Mercator in cooperation with TUSIAD, under the patronage of Federica Mogherini, the EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs. Since 2015, The Turkey Europe Future Forum has been bringing together dedicated young leaders from Turkey and Europe for intensive dialogue in Turkey, Germany and other European countries.
The next Turkey Europe Future Forum takes place from July 1-8, 2018 in Paris and Berlin. The topic will be “Rethink Europe’s Future” and tackles questions like these: Which scenario for the future of the post-Brexit EU will prevail? Will Emmanuel Macron’s pro-European tendencies lead to the strengthening of the Franco-German axis many have been awaiting? What will be the official German position in the aftermath of the post-election standstill? What consequences may the changes within Europe’s framework have for neighbours and accession candidates, especially Turkey?
- Travel and accommodation cost are covered.
- Applicants should have between two and ten years’ professional experience in the fields of politics, economics, administration, culture, media, science or civil society (Note: Internships do not count)
- Have outstanding academic and professional qualifications;
- Be Turkish, German or another European citizenship;
- Possess a university degree (preferably Master’s degree or diploma);
- Have very good English skills;
- Show strong interest in the respective topic of the Future Forum as well as European-Turkish relations
Register with a valid e-mail address on which you can be reached during the application period. You will receive an e-mail with your password. After your successful registration you will be directly forwarded to the login. Simply by logging in with your registered e-mail address and password, you can open your application form as many times as you wish. You can save your interim data without submitting. But please note that once you have submitted your data, you can’t modify your application anymore.
As part of your application process you will be requested to upload the following documents:
- A detailed CV in English (PDF, DOC or RTF file, max. 3 MB)
- A current photo (JPG, PNG and GIF file, max. 3 MB, uncompressed or low compressed)
- A motivation letter (between 300 and 500 words) outlining your personal and professional motivation in joining the Forum and your interest in the topic of this year’s Forum (PDF, DOC or RTF file, max. 3 MB)
Please note, that your file names must not include spaces. Feel free to use “_” or “-” instead in order to avoid upload problems.
- January 8: Start of application period
- February 18: Application deadline
- April 9-11: Selection interviews in Berlin
- April 12-13: Selection interviews in Istanbul
- July 1-8: 4th Turkey Europe Future Forum