Young Sustainable Impact (YSI) Innovation Program 2018 (Fully-funded to Oslo, Norway)
Deadline: February 15, 2018
Applications are now open for the Young Sustainable Impact (YSI) Innovation Program 2018. This is a fully funded innovation program for youth, aimed at finding the best talents in the world to create impact startups tackling the sustainable development goals. During 5-month you will go through team building, design thinking, and a prototyping process, before arriving Oslo, Norway in August 2018.
The aim is for you and your team to create real startups that helps solve the sustainable development goals and are economically viable. Brilliant individuals are put in international teams of 3 people, and will go through 5 modules and 10 objectives in 5 months. 4,5 months is online and the two last weeks is in Oslo, Norway where you get a fully funded trip to meet mentors, your teammates and investors.
The program offers knowledge and tools in innovation, creativity and leadership. They train the teams to operate their own startup, as well as going from nothing to a fully fledged startup in 5 months. They provide close mentorship and follow up through our innovation team, access to the YSI network of talents, partners and mentors. They also train the team’s to find the necessary information and help they need for themselves. The program will be facilitated online, primarily using an education platform named www.novoed.com.
YSI programs are 100% free for all participants and it is a fully funded trip to Oslo, including flight, accomodation and food. You will live in Oslo for two weeks in August.. It does however take a lot of time, and it’s expected to use between 15 and 35 hours each week from April 2nd – August 26th.
- All expenses covered (Flight, food and accommodations) and trip to Norway
- Meet the entrepreneurial community of Oslo, Norway!
- Learn about and get training in creativity, innovation, teamwork, and leadership.
- Mentors, access to investors, and some of the best talents under 25 years in the world in your team.
- Learn about innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship through action and our curriculum.
- A golden chance to create a real startup tackling the sustainable development goals.
- Between 16-25 years of age.
- All countries can apply
- People with 15-35 hours to use every week from April-August.
- Dedicated people with a real drive for solving the world problems.
- People who are willing to make time and wants to create a real startup.
- People with a proven track record of excellence in resilience, drive, and who are passionately able to use their skills and knowledge towards a project of any kind.
- Open minded people who are willing to understand different walks of life, see things in a new perspective, and with an intention of creating a positive impact.
- People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, and bold enough to actually do it.
- People who doesn’t get discouraged by creating a startup remotely with new people from different continents.
- People who can make decisions and keep their cool under extreme uncertainty.
You apply as an individual, and you do not apply with ideas but rather who you are as a person and your previous accomplishments.
- Further round 2: February 20th – February 28th
- Round 3: March 5th – March 10th. Round three, they will continue with the core YSI team, with expert help, picking out the a group to interview. If you are called in to an interview you are on of the absolute last ones left to be chosen to the program. The interview is for them to ensure that you are the right fit for the program, as well as making sure we are the right fit for you. Criteria for applying is not shared in details, because it will influence your answer. They are however giving some overview of who they are looking for.
For more information, visit YSI Innovation Program.