European Youth Forum European Youth Initiative Fund 2018
Deadline: March 4, 2018
European Youth Forum is now accepting applications for the 2018 European Youth Initiative Fund with the financial support of the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR). They have launched this Fund to make sure that youth organisations can continue their important work in the field of refugee inclusion.
The aim of the European Youth Initiative Fund (EYIF) is to mobilise young people, promote integration and build positive relationships between displaced youth and host communities in Europe. To do so, the European Youth Forum will provide grants to youth organisations so that they implement projects run with the meaningful involvement of young refugees and asylum-seekers and in cooperation with host communities.
The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is a platform of youth organisations in Europe, representing 104 members – national youth councils and international nongovernmental youth organisations. We work to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives and to be powerful catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europe’s problems.
- The project has to be submitted on behalf of a youth organisation legally registered in Europe. The grant is not limited to the membership of the European Youth Forum.
- The project has to be implemented within one of the Council of Europe member states or Belarus or Kosovo.
- The youth organisation has to have an official bank account that can receive an international bank transfer from a euro account.
- The project should be implemented in maximum 6 months between the 1st April and the 30th September 2018.
- The maximum amount you can apply for is 10,000 euros, however there is no minimum limit.
- One organisation can submit more than one project proposal.
- It is important to design the project proposal so that it reflects the main objectives of the EYIF, ensuring the meaningful involvement of displaced youth at every stage of the drafting process.
The following selection criteria will be taken into consideration when evaluating the project proposals:
- Relevance of the identified project goal and expected results o Quality of the project (Timeline, Budget, Identification of target group)
- Inclusiveness (involvement of refugee youth in every stage of the project implementation including the design of the proposal)
- Organisational capacity to implement a project
- Outreach strategy towards target group and relevant stakeholders o Communication strategy, visibility of the project and its results
The below mentioned three documents have to be fully completed and submitted to the Eszter Somogyi, the Project Manager to the following email address: [email protected] with the following title: Project application EYIF 2018 and your organisation’s name.
Download the application documents and submit your proposal:
For more information, visit European Youth Initiative Fund.