Deadline: February 16, 2018
Nominations are invited for the IAP for Health ‘Young Physician Leaders’ Programme 2018. IAP for Health is seeking candidates to participate in a regional training workshop to be held on 17-19 April 2018 during the World Health Summit (WHS) regional meeting in Coimbra, Portugal (19-20 April 2018). The summit seeks to highlight regional approaches to solving global health threats.
The successful candidates will be exposed to an outstanding scientific and policy programme attended by a global group of medical and scientific professionals. The programme will take into account the lessons learnt from the previous YPL sessions in Berlin.
They are seeking to identify a maximum of 10 outstanding young physicians from Portuguese speaking countries who are currently in the process of establishing and developing their careers. The programme seeks to select a diverse group from multiple specialties and career interests, including but not exclusive to research area and diversity of geographic location. The opportunities for sharing experiences across this international lens are unprecedented.
- Open to outstanding young physicians under 40 years from Portuguese speaking countries (Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, East Timor, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, Portugal, São Tomé and Príncipe)
- Candidates should be in the process of establishing and developing their careers.
- Candidates must show great promise for leadership in their chosen careers.
- They should be enthusiastic, with outstanding communication skills and the ability, desire and personality to represent the medical profession well when interacting with the outstanding professionals from multiple sectors who will be attending the Summit.
- Note that the workshop will be held in English, so candidates should be able to express themselves well in this language.
- They especially encourage the nomination of women.
IAP member academies, members of the ‘M8 Alliance’, and other bona fide medical institutions in target countries without academies are invited to nominate a maximum of two eligible physicians under 40 years of age with demonstrated outstanding accomplishments in clinical medicine, medical education, public health or health policy and who show significant promise for leadership in their fields in the future.
Nominations can only be submitted online.
For more information, visit IAP for Health.