Deadline: February 16, 2018
Applications for IBM Great Minds Student Internships are open. The Great Minds initiative is a competition for 3 to 6-month internships at one of the IBM Research Labs in Zurich, Nairobi, or Johannesburg for students from central and eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It provides students with the unique opportunity to work alongside world-class scientists in the leading industrial IT research organization.
The internships will take place in 2018. The exact starting time and duration will be agreed upon with the winning students individually, taking into account their academic commitments and the availability of IBM staff. Pitch your vision of the most exciting IT challenges and win an internship at IBM Research
IBM will pay the winners a lump sum towards travel expenses as well as compensation that covers adequately the cost of living in Switzerland, Kenya or South Africa, respectively. IBM will also obtain the necessary visa and work permits for the successful candidates.
IBM Research is conducting the Great Minds internships for the 10th time. The experiences on both sides have been very positive. This program also benefits faculty members when the Great Minds winners bring back to their universities or departments a valuable understanding of real industry problems, knowledge of advanced IBM technologies, and contacts throughout IBM Research.
- Open to students from central and eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- The program is open to any full-time student enrolled in a Master’s program at a recognized university in
- Computer Science,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Software Engineering,
- Industrial Engineering or
- Service Science
- The students must have a solid command of the English language in both written and spoken form.
- IBM is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from both genders as well as minority groups.
- They would especially like to encourage qualified women to participate in this competition.
- Central & West Africa,
- East Africa,
- Northwest Africa
- Southern Africa
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Middle East (UAE, Pakistan, Jordan, Lebanon, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Participants must be nominated by a faculty member. A recommendation letter from a faculty member is mandatory.
- Students need to submit their current CV and a short position paper (1–2 pages).
To participate in the Great Minds competition, see the detailed instructions for students.
For more information, visit IBM Great Minds Student Internships.